Maggie Dixon Classic | The Boneyard

Maggie Dixon Classic

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why the Maggie Dixon Classic is not being held at MSG anymore?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Have to believe the cost to hold the event at MSG wasn't supported by the attendance. The 2015/16 Maggie Dixon classic only had one game where the prior years had two games. UConn played Maryland in 2015/16 classic. Maggie Dixon Classic - Wikipedia

Don't know what it would take to hold a Major WBB event in NYC that would almost sell out MSG.

UConn, Lady Vols, Texas and perhaps Stanford would help, with UConn playing Lady Vols. Need to get 4 teams whose fans travel regardless if games are televised or not.

Reaction Score
Have to believe the cost to hold the event at MSG wasn't supported by the attendance. The 2015/16 Maggie Dixon classic only had one game where the prior years had two games. UConn played Maryland in 2015/16 classic. Maggie Dixon Classic - Wikipedia

Don't know what it would take to hold a Major WBB event in NYC that would almost sell out MSG.

UConn, Lady Vols, Texas and perhaps Stanford would help, with UConn playing Lady Vols. Need to get 4 teams whose fans travel regardless if games are televised or not.

I was at that MSG game versus Maryland and it was quite a battle.......I think there were six to seven thousand fans there...............sad to say, I don't think you could sell out MSG for a regular season women's game even if you gave away the tickets for free......not sure you could sell out a men's college game either unless it was top teams in the NCAA tournament

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom