Maggie Dixon Classic 2012 | The Boneyard

Maggie Dixon Classic 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know the date of this year's Maggie Dixon Classic? And, perchance, who's playing in it?

Thanks. . .

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I heard that Rutgers & Duke are two of the teams. I don't know if that has changed though.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Based on talent alone, We should finish in the top 3.

Assuming with UCONN and ND? Any chance that Rutgers finishes second since ND lost so many players?

Sorry to sound insulting by assuming that UCONN will finish first.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Assuming with UCONN and ND? Any chance that Rutgers finishes second since ND lost so many players?

Well, I think everyone is assuming that. :p

I think it's possible we'll slide past ND, but it really depends on the development of last year's freshman, and how big of impact this incoming class will have. We'll be a very young, but tall & lengthy team this year.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well, I think everyone is assuming that. :p

I think it's possible we'll slide past ND, but it really depends on the development of last year's freshman, and how big of impact this incoming class will have. We'll be a very young, but tall & lengthy team this year.

Should be fun to watch. I would like to see Rutgers and Baylor in a home and home series in the future.

Reaction Score

Hmmm, everyone forgetting St. John's? Smith, McKenith, McPherson all are back.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Hmmm, everyone forgetting St. John's? Smith, McKenith, McPherson all are back.

But didn't the coach leave? They absolutely got spanked by UCONN in the BE Tourney and by Duke in the NCAAs. This BAD losses lead me to believe they weren't the real deal.

Reaction Score
Yes, but they promoted from within, they shouldn't really miss a beat.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Yes, but they promoted from within, they shouldn't really miss a beat.

I edited my reply after you replied. I find it hard to believe they are going to do much this year based on their horrible losses in the BE tourney and the NCAAs. Those losses were just too bad for me to think that they are going to challenge in the BE again.

Reaction Score
We'll see, but my opinion (at least right now) is they are still 2nd best in the conference. By September I could change my mind though!;)

Reaction Score

Not insulting just fact!

Reaction Score
I edited my reply after you replied. I find it hard to believe they are going to do much this year based on their horrible losses in the BE tourney and the NCAAs. Those losses were just too bad for me to think that they are going to challenge in the BE again.

Horrible losses in a tournament? It happens. Unaccustomed surroundings, short preparation, big stage, bright lights, stars not playing to their averages...

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Expecting both games to be blowouts.

Reaction Score
Thanks. . . though, correct me if I'm wrong (well, obviously I am), but I thought Army always played in the games.

Reaction Score
Thanks. . . though, correct me if I'm wrong (well, obviously I am), but I thought Army always played in the games.

The first three occurrences of the Classic did, in fact, include Army, but not since. Having Army participate is not a bad idea considering its proximity to Madison Square Garden. They could have their drill team perform at halftime, and have their Golden Knights parachute into the Garden(chuckle all you want, but I would not bet against it:)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom