Magee sets dubious NCAA record | The Boneyard

Magee sets dubious NCAA record

Reaction Score
Kentucky shuts down Fletcher Magee, holds off Wofford's upset bid

Kid had an absolutely brutal game. I thought a lot of his shots were very good looks, just could not get anything to drop. Not even much to do with UK D either.
Although to be honest, a few shots in the closing minutes looked forced but my goodness, imagine if even 20% or so of his 3s drop (even just 2-12). If he just got half of his season average, Wofford advances. His season average was around 40% by the way. Sad to see Wofford's ride end so soon, they were fun to watch. Although to be fair, once he missed his 9th, it was time to stop and he should have tried to assist his team mates, maybe get Hoover more involved as he had 4 or 5 made threes. Those last few misses were back breaking, should have passed on them by that point.

It was super annoying how the announcers kept talking about Washington but...

"This was a showdown between two very good teams with two very different histories.

One boasts eight national championships, 17 Final Fours and 59 NCAA tournament appearances. The other didn’t have an NCAA tournament victory before defeating Seton Hall on Thursday night.

One boasts six former Rivals top 25 prospects. The other has a roster full of players unwanted by power-conference schools."

And that quote is important because, well, instead of six top 25 players, you have 5, stop crying about Washington and deal with it and move on with your other 5, still should have won with ease, technically. Much respect to Wofford and their heart, left everything on the floor and just fell short despite their best player having a career worst night.

UK dodged a bullet, this kid was hitting those same shots two nights ago and is used to making difficult shots and again, hit even half the season average and everyone is celebrating wofford, bummer.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sometimes the best of sharp shooters have bad days
UK has been blessed all year with lots of luck but I feel it will run out real soon
Have to say (biting my tongue) that this is one of the Squids better performances as a coach

RON

Reaction Score
I was at the game today. Very frustrating. Nothing would drop for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom