OT: - Madison Square Garden Company selling New York Liberty | The Boneyard

OT: Madison Square Garden Company selling New York Liberty

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Madison Square Garden Company announced Tuesday that it wants to sell the New York Liberty, one of the founding teams in the WNBA.

MSG's executive chairman/CEO Jim Dolan was the last remaining original owner in the WNBA, dating to the start of the league in 1997.

"We have been a strong and vocal advocate for the Liberty and the WNBA since the beginning. As the last original owner, I am proud of how far the league has come, and the role we have played in its growth," Dolan said in a statement. "This was a difficult decision for us, which we made after carefully assessing the needs of our business. We are confident that new ownership can build on the foundation we established over these last 21 years, and steward this incredible franchise into an even more successful future."

[Article]

Reaction Score
Madison Square Garden Company announced Tuesday that it wants to sell the New York Liberty, one of the founding teams in the WNBA.

MSG's executive chairman/CEO Jim Dolan was the last remaining original owner in the WNBA, dating to the start of the league in 1997.

"We have been a strong and vocal advocate for the Liberty and the WNBA since the beginning. As the last original owner, I am proud of how far the league has come, and the role we have played in its growth," Dolan said in a statement. "This was a difficult decision for us, which we made after carefully assessing the needs of our business. We are confident that new ownership can build on the foundation we established over these last 21 years, and steward this incredible franchise into an even more successful future."

[Article]
H0w can they sell it?? Didn't the people of France give it to our country?? Those dang New Yorkers will sell anything to lower their taxes!!

Reaction Score
Wow. It's such a shame they haven't been able to win a championship yet. Still, I have to believe that the franchise is one of the more profitable ones in the WNBA. Hope they stay in NYC.

Reaction Score
Wow. It's such a shame they haven't been able to win a championship yet. Still, I have to \

Thanks for the like of the idiotcy. I was going to follow that up with: Are we trying to recruit OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN?? O NO!

Reaction Score
Could us boneyarders scrape together enough cash to buy it? We'd be the owners of Tina, Bria, and Kiah.

Reaction Score
Hey, they might just give it to us. What's the rent $$$ gonna be at MSG?

Reaction Score
Can we rent MSG????
I googled it and got estimates form $150K to $200K per night for a concert. I'm sure the Liberty got a special deal since they were owned by MSG Corp. Maybe a 10-year agreement for special low rates should be part of our acquisition agreement?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom