Mack to VCU | The Boneyard

Mack to VCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Was a foregone conclusion after the montage. We don't need kids that need this much individual attention to sign - never have.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Who? Seriously good luck to him. Hope it works out.

Reaction Score
Was a foregone conclusion after the montage. We don't need kids that need this much individual attention to sign - never have.
A.) You've got to be kidding me.... B.) How do you even know he had anything to do with that and it wasn't just the coaches/principle who decided that? I think we can just move on to the next one without making faux reasons why he wasn't a good fit here in hindsight.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thread should read UVAVCU, just as he announced it.

Reaction Score
Yes, the UConn stuff was only a set-up. UConn's name was being used to brandish the decision. No tug-of-war at all.

Next year, UConn has VJ King and Mario Kegler coming up at the same position, and they will be selling the fact that Hamilton and Purvis are not going to be around in 2017, or at the most, they'll have one season left.

Reaction Score
Sucks we can't get these mid-tier recruits against schoold like VCU after we just won our 4th championship and have a new b-ball center. Maybe he really wanted to stay closer to home with still going to the b-ball school. VCU would fit that mold. Seem like family was a big sticking point for him.

Reaction Score
Sucks we can't get these mid-tier recruits against schoold like VCU after we just won our 4th championship and have a new b-ball center. Maybe he really wanted to stay closer to home with still going to the b-ball school. VCU would fit that mold. Seem like family was a big sticking point for him.
Can't fault a kid for that at all. Not like VCU is a bad landing spot either.

Reaction Score
Can't fault a kid for that at all. Not like VCU is a bad landing spot either.
I hate losing recruits to mid-majors, but VCU does seem to play fun ball. Not sure how that translates into the league, but I can see why players would be interested in it.

Reaction Score
good luck to him. seems like a nice kid.

but still...

next.gif

Reaction Score
I understand that every recruiting situation is different. And I'm really not worried about UConn's future over losing a top ~70 player.

But it's still a little mystifying to me that they're losing these types of players to the VCUs, Tennessees and (potentially) UNLVs of the world.

Again, I'm not worried; just confused.

Reaction Score
I'm glad he didn't sign with us now we have a better chance at Newman if stone commit. At the end of the day Mack did what's best for him

Reaction Score
Well I said this before but if you look at UConn's depth chart at the 3 next year with Omar Calhoun being a senior and Daniel Hamilton a sophomore I think we're fine here and can certainly understand Mack's hesitancy of coming to UConn. Unless Hamilton leaves after a year (which I don't think he will) and Calhoun just never recovers (which I don't think is going to happen) UConn is in a pretty good position to go get an elite SF next year. I don't think Jones is coming to UConn either so forget that one also.

Reaction Score
Not as embarrassing as people making it seem the future of UConn basketball will be decided today. Really, it won't.

Can't find a happy medium in between there? I'm disappointed. He's a good player and he would have helped us. I don't think this is a crushing blow, but I also don't need to blast the kid for choosing a different school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom