M&W tourney officials to receive same pay | The Boneyard

M&W tourney officials to receive same pay

Reaction Score
Just announced by ncaa.

Anything that raises salaries should help improve quality over the long haul , but the games throughout the year are the bulk of their pay ….

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It never even occurred to me that officials were paid less to referee women’s games. This is a very small step in the right direction.

Reaction Score
It never even occurred to me that officials were paid less to referee women’s games. This is a very small step in the right direction.
Regular season games surely have different pay.

Reaction Score
It's beyond ridiculous they would get different pay - they're doing the EXACT SAME JOB!

Reaction Score
Not sure how this will improve the quality of the referees. In most sports, the officials rated the highest get the big games which have more money and prestige associated with them. In women's basketball, appears that seniority is all that matters with no oversight regarding performance.

Reaction Score
Not sure how this will improve the quality of the referees. In most sports, the officials rated the highest get the big games which have more money and prestige associated with them. In women's basketball, appears that seniority is all that matters with no oversight regarding performance.
I'm with you. While I do think they should be paid the same as those that call the men's games, I do not believe it will improve the quality of these officials. Some of them are just awful. Making a call based on the reaction of a player (flopping, flailing of the arms like a drunken bird) is not good officiating. I also think they should look at who is doing the assigning. I think they make too many assignments based on the how much exposure a game is supposed to get, like the first game on ABC. I am sure they wanted to assign three women to that game and that's fine, if they're good officials. I don't care if they're Klingons, just pick the best ones for that game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In general, I like the concept, though this may make Kantner and Forsberg grossly overpaid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom