Lynx @ Wings - 6/11/17 | The Boneyard

Lynx @ Wings - 6/11/17

Reaction Score
Maya doing well for her birthday game: 16 pts, 3 reb, 3 ast at the half.
She screwed up by attempting to block a half court shot at the end of halftime and fouling instead. Ouch on IQ there.

MIN up 50-43 at the half

Chong has 4 pts and a steal in 5:06

DCEhlWcW0AIO08G.jpg

Reaction Score
The Lynx are a much better team than the Wings at this point. There was no answer to Fowles. Chong had a pretty good game but she must knock down those open 3 pointers. She had 3 open looks and missed

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am glad to see Minnesota won. Maya is Maya, but Sylvia has really been on fire.
Good game for Saniya. Also, I noticed Allisha Gray and Kaela Davis must have a green light, because as soon as the ball hit there hands, it is going up.

Reaction Score
I am glad to see Minnesota won. Maya is Maya, but Sylvia has really been on fire.
Good game for Saniya. Also, I noticed Allisha Gray and Kaela Davis must have a green light, because as soon as the ball hit there hands, it is going up.
And that is exactly the problem. The Wings seem to run very few plays and what they do is try to get to a one on one situation instead of looking for a player with an open shot...Maybe the coach should spend some time with Geno :)

Reaction Score
And that is exactly the problem. The Wings seem to run very few plays and what they do is try to get to a one on one situation instead of looking for a player with an open shot...Maybe the coach should spend some time with Geno :)

Are you trying to say the Lynx had 30 assists on 38 made baskets while the Wings only had 12 assists on 25 made baskets?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You can twist this thing (the season thus far) around like Rubik's Cube any way you please. The Lynx came out of the gate this year like a blur. They're 9-0 having just played one quarter of the season. This appears to be their year. This year's team is playing like a well oiled machine. BIG Syl (Sylvia Fowles) is playing like a woman possessed. She had 30 points and 9 rebounds today. She looks to be unstoppable. I think she's on a mission. At THIS point in the season, we can now tell the contenders from the pretenders. The cream has already begun to rise to the top. The Lynx obviously did not like the way their season ended last year, and are determined to rewrite that last chapter. :rolleyes:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You can twist this thing (the season thus far) around like Rubik's Cube any way you please. The Lynx came out of the gate this year like a blur. They're 9-0 having just played one quarter of the season. This appears to be their year. This year's team is playing like a well oiled machine. BIG Syl (Sylvia Fowles) is playing like a woman possessed. She had 30 points and 9 rebounds today. She looks to be unstoppable. I think she's on a mission. At THIS point in the season, we can now tell the contenders from the pretenders. The cream has already begun to rise to the top. The Lynx obviously did not like the way their season ended last year, and are determined to rewrite that last chapter. :rolleyes:
The Lynx haven't lost a game before June in I think three years - last year they set they record for opening wins and at the rate they are going they may well break it again this year - and they have only played three games at home so far and the W is definitely a 'home court' league.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Can Dallas not sign a post player to a short-term contract while Paris is injured? I know there are 7-day contracts, is there the equivalent of the MLB disabled list? They're getting killed inside.

Reaction Score
The Lynx haven't lost a game before June in I think three years - last year they set they record for opening wins and at the rate they are going they may well break it again this year - and they have only played three games at home so far and the W is definitely a 'home court' league.

Last year, the Lynx started out 13-0 (league record)

Reaction Score
Can Dallas not sign a post player to a short-term contract while Paris is injured? I know there are 7-day contracts, is there the equivalent of the MLB disabled list? They're getting killed inside.
Like who? I don't know that there is a big that is not playing, can make a real difference and will play for Dallas on a 7 days contract...Cambage could be the solution but....

Reaction Score

If they could, who would they sign that would make a difference? (Cambage would be nice, but that's not looking like a possibility this year)

In this game, Thornton, who has been impressive lately, was sidelined with a cut they couldn't stop from bleeding when she was on the floor. Maybe she needed stitches.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

A'ja Wilson would fit the bill (next year), but they need help now!. I would not hold out any hope of Cambage coming back. She has too many other better paying options over seas. I don't think they have a snowball's chance in hades of getting Wilson, unless they tank, and I don't think they'll do that.

IMHO, I think A'ja is first off the board in what looks like a deep draft that will feature several AA's. All 12 teams should get a first round pick that that help almost immediately (like Gray with the Wings). Maybe they can trade for Alaina Coates when she comes off the shelf. The Wings are building through the draft. They appear to be only 2 players away from being a legit contender. Next year could be their year.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Sylvia is the leading candidate for MVP so far this season.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score

It should have been their hands, I was typing too fast :).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom