Lynx Star Maya Moore Discusses Her Recent... | The Boneyard

Lynx Star Maya Moore Discusses Her Recent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...article on WNBA Visibility by Offering Some Suggestions

The lights are on Maya Moore. She knows it. Maybe it explains why she speaks in measured and balanced tones when challenging colleagues, reporters, and as usual, herself.

The reigning WNBA Most Valuable Player and dazzling 25-year-old Minnesota Lynx veteran guard wrote an in-depth first-person story for the Players Tribune magazine in April about the lack of visibility for the league, overseas struggles and women’s basketball in general.

In addition to bringing the issues out in the open, Moore offered solutions and suggestions for enhancing the sport during an exclusive discussion with Womhoops Guru (this blog, not the Guru himself) on Wednesday when the Lynx played the Mystics in a preseason game.

A caring, personable ambassador, Moore’s motivation was simple.

“It was a natural conversation of the realities of our sport,” Moore said while standing with ice bags on both knees and an ankle in the bowels of the Verizon Center following the Lynx’s 89-63 loss to the Mystics in their preseason opener.

“It was a great opportunity to expose some of the inner struggles that we go through as players, where we are in our sports culture and how great we can be. I just challenge us as a sports culture to match the reality because there’s a want and a demand for our game. When it’s met, the game grows and it’s exciting. That’s what I experienced as a kid.”

[LINK] to Rob Knox's full article.

Quite insightful!

And here's the [LINK] to Maya's article titled (In)Visibility. If you're a UConn WBB fan and you haven't read this yet ...you're going to want to read it. Really interesting!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
...article on WNBA Visibility by Offering Some Suggestions

The lights are on Maya Moore. She knows it. Maybe it explains why she speaks in measured and balanced tones when challenging colleagues, reporters, and as usual, herself.

The reigning WNBA Most Valuable Player and dazzling 25-year-old Minnesota Lynx veteran guard wrote an in-depth first-person story for the Players Tribune magazine in April about the lack of visibility for the league, overseas struggles and women’s basketball in general.

In addition to bringing the issues out in the open, Moore offered solutions and suggestions for enhancing the sport during an exclusive discussion with Womhoops Guru (this blog, not the Guru himself) on Wednesday when the Lynx played the Mystics in a preseason game.

A caring, personable ambassador, Moore’s motivation was simple.

“It was a natural conversation of the realities of our sport,” Moore said while standing with ice bags on both knees and an ankle in the bowels of the Verizon Center following the Lynx’s 89-63 loss to the Mystics in their preseason opener.

“It was a great opportunity to expose some of the inner struggles that we go through as players, where we are in our sports culture and how great we can be. I just challenge us as a sports culture to match the reality because there’s a want and a demand for our game. When it’s met, the game grows and it’s exciting. That’s what I experienced as a kid.”

[LINK] to Rob Knox's full article.

Quite insightful!

And here's the [LINK] to Maya's article titled (In)Visibility. If you're a UConn WBB fan and you haven't read this yet ...you're going to want to read it. Really interesting!
I love everything Maya Moore, always a class act that's hard to follow. But I disagree with the preseason (WNBA) unfortunate PR--like most of today;s negativism it will have a short shelf life. The public is bombarded by visions of Griner, Rice, a dozen other sports persona's and politician's galore who made bad to terrible choices. It won't really effect the attendance in any significant way in the long term. Apparently the European teams are subsidized by Big Buck bucks--not so the WNBA.
Is the European Media more into selling the local teams?? I fault the Media for not advertising the WNBA games--but with that the WNBA itself must be faulted. The question for the WNBA and WBB totally is how to keep the players and teams and game times before the sports minded public--I don't think the WNBA has cracked that oyster yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown
Top Bottom