Lynx Need Work On Their Nicknaming | The Boneyard

Lynx Need Work On Their Nicknaming

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“Nathreesa” Really? Really rolls off the tongue huh?

"The 6-foot-1 Collier has enjoyed a strong start at small forward, earning the nickname “Nathreesa” for her improved outside shooting. A season-ending ACL injury to fellow rookie Jessica Shepard, though, may mean Collier transitions back to the post.

“It’s not completely different. I’m getting a lot of the same shots inside that I was in college. It’s just, the 3-point is the biggest thing offensively,” said Collier, who’s shooting 35.3 percent from 3 and 50 percent overall."

Collier adjusting well to WNBA

Reaction Score
“Obviously, physically, everyone’s stronger and bigger — everything like that,” Collier said, regarding the WNBA. “But mentally, you have to … know what we’re doing. We have a short amount of time to learn all the plays and all the offense. Coach (Geno Auriemma) obviously expects that from us at UConn to be mentally checked in, so training myself there in those four years really helped transition to this.”

An excellent quote for top recruits to see as I’m sure most, if not all, of them are already thinking about the possibility of a pro career.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A forgettable game for Collier tonight. 34 minutes of play, only 2 points in a 75-69 loss to the Liberty. :( Kia Nurse goes off for 26, Asia Durr chips in with 20 for NY.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom