The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Maya in 2007...

121MM_500.jpg

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Oh my goodness! No kneepads!

I do spy the ever-present ankle braces, however :)

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
The young Mayan! Such fun to see her in this clip. Thanks.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You could call Maya special. If you want to understate things.

Two of my favorite Maya performances may still be the Collins Hill games in Seattle against Winter Haven and one Tiffany Hayes and against St. Elizabeth's and Khadijah Rushdan. The team was tired and jet lagged after winning the Nike TOC. Maya did not have her shot going against Winter Haven, but she made the key play s at the end, including a block and a steal, to get a narrow victory. That game showed the variety of ways in which the Magnificent One could take over a game. Her first half against St. Elizabeth's was perhaps the best performance I've ever seen. By anyone. I think she had 32 or more in 16 minutes. Here's a sequence: 3-pointer by Maya. Inbounds intercepted, layup by Maya. Inbounds intercepted, 3-pointer by Maya. 8 points in under 10 seconds, against the #11 team in the nation. She was Superwoman.

Maybe the best performance in a critical situation was the second half of the Stanford game in 2010. We scored 12 in the first half, then Maya took the game over against a very, very good Cardinal team.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Here's a sequence: 3-pointer by Maya. Inbounds intercepted, layup by Maya. Inbounds intercepted, 3-pointer by Maya. 8 points in under 10 seconds, against the #11 team in the nation. She was Superwoman.

Sounds like the (almost) 6-year-old Maya may have been watching Reggie Miller stun the Knicks at the end of that one playoff game, and was just biding time for the opportunity to do it herself!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sounds like the (almost) 6-year-old Maya may have been watching Reggie Miller stun the Knicks at the end of that one playoff game, and was just biding time for the opportunity to do it herself!
Indeed. I saw that too. It was very similar. St. Elizabeth's didn't account for Maya's quickness, vertical leap, or reach and had a lot of trouble inbounding the ball past her. We certainly saw some lazy passes against UConn that turned into scoop shots at the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom