Lyles Face Slapper | The Boneyard

Lyles Face Slapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Wow I missed a lot of the game and tuned in for the last 4 minutes. Just saw some replays and saw the face slap KY's Lyles administered. You mean they DID NOT call a flagrant foul on that??? You must be kidding.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Raftery called it "Nickel - dime" stuff. More like a Buck and a half.
Meh, it was old Big East-style stuff, and it woke 'Sconnie up. Worked out just fine IMO!

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Meh, it was old Big East-style stuff, and it woke 'Sconnie up. Worked out just fine IMO!

Exactly. Motivated Wisconsin to finish UK off.

Reaction Score
Under the Indiana RFRA, you cannot call a foul because for Squidaparians assault is protected religious expression.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Yeah it did work out for all of us wanting the scumbags' team to lose but if your referencing the Donnie Marshall / Charles Minlend slapping incident they both got ejected. And both were suspended for the next game. These stupid refs didn't even call a foul tonight. IF KY had won everyone would have been up in arms that Lyles wasn't ejected tonight and suspended for the NC game. Yeah it worked out but it bugs me that all these idiot announcers aren't making more of this. The slap and the classless walk-off by several Kentucky players at the end.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think there are different rules for the tourney - if you get ejected, you do not miss the next game.

But that was a flagrant 1 - I don't know how they don't call that after a review. It's fear, I think.

And then the charge call that took three off the board for Wisconsin and the shot clock violation that Hayes scored on.

Bad night for the stripes.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That was a sweet throat chop. I'm sure Fishy was proud.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I think there are different rules for the tourney - if you get ejected, you do not miss the next game.

But that was a flagrant 1 - I don't know how they don't call that after a review. It's fear, I think.

And then the charge call that took three off the board for Wisconsin and the shot clock violation that Hayes scored on.

Bad night for the stripes.

I'm convinced the zebras are convinced that the Squid is connected. None of them want to be wearing concrete shoes at the bottom of whatever river runs through downtown Indianapolis.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Of greater concern is the 50,000 Kentucky fans in the stands...

But the fear I was referring to was not wanting to make such a big call at that point in the game. Basically, they were scared to impact the game by doing their job.

Reaction Score
They gave it right back a couple of possessions later on the shot clock violation that wasn't called. Officiating all around tonight was putrid.

Reaction Score
Add to all that, the last basket by Wisconsin near the end of the first half when the player never established himself before catching the ball and putting it back up. It wasn't even close. He caught the ball clearly before either foot touch the floor after coming from out of bounds.

Reaction Score
When Hayes scored with the shot clock already done, they missed the foul on Towns anyway he should have been going to the line. Watch it again he's riding Hayes OOB's with his knees and body the gagged on that call already.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Boat got clocked under the basket, and twice during this tournament players were clocked. None of them were accidental.
Someday a kid is going to end up in the emergency room. When some is knocked down the basket, the refs needs to call a time out and access a T just as they do with flying elbows. You will be shocked how suddenly or of this "inadvertent contact" will stop.

Reaction Score

But the fear I was referring to was not wanting to make such a big call at that point in the game. Basically, they were scared to impact the game by doing their job.
Refs are obviously human and are not going to get every call right. But to stop the game, watch multiple replays and come up with any conclusion other than a flagrant 1 is insulting fans' intelligence. Why bother having replay if you're not going to use it?

Reaction Score

Refs are obviously human and are not going to get every call right. But to stop the game, watch multiple replays and come up with any conclusion other than a flagrant 1 is insulting fans' intelligence. Why bother having replay if you're not going to use it?

Reaction Score
I am thinking the same thing. How could you see that replay and not call a flagrant?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Fishy said:

I think they got caught chasing the game trying not to be a factor. No way Kaminski can guard Townes for 20 minutes and not pick up two fouls. So the worst charge call appears, then the slap then the shotclock. Not saying it was intentional, but they clearly swallowed the whistle and tried to pick and choose calls.

They choose poorly.

The slap was a flagrant 1 at minimum. As a clean shot to the face, it could easily have been a flagrant 2, intentional or not. There was no way to tell intent, but that really doesn't matter. If it was a closed fist there would have been no doubt.

Reaction Score
Refs were terrible all around in that game.
You guys mentioned some of the missed or no called but there were also others.
Kaminsky tried to take a charge around the 60 second mark.
It was a charge but they called the foul on Frank.
Then Kaminsky reached around on Towns and knocked the ball lose around the 40 second mark.
was a clean play and would have sealed the game.
They called another foul on Frank.
At least the refs were bad all around and it didn't favor just one team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom