Lukas Kisunas 6'10 C | The Boneyard

Lukas Kisunas 6'10 C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kid is going to be a solid pick up for anyone. Good size, mixes it up in the middle and does all the small things like sets good ball screens and can post up....maybe too late to the party on this one but I hope they can make up some ground

Reaction Score
He started over Nate Roberts in all the games I saw last year. He is a nice player with agility. He would be an excellent 'team' player with court awareness, effort, and I think plays smoothly rotating in team defensive schemes. I often wondered how we could be watching Makai and Wilson, and then have Nate Robert's name come up before this kid. With that said, the issue I have now, is based on UConn's current team composition. With current room for 1 more 'big' , I think the scolly needs to be used or held for an 'impact' player rather than a role player. I am more intrigued by a player with offense like the clips of the Croatian kid, or rim protecting defense, like Carrigan. Obviously, a long shot like Shittu, or comps to Iggy would be great. Keeping in mind that Makai and Sid Wilson were the primary scorers last year, maybe Lukas has more of an offensive game than he needed to show. He is strong enough, plays within himself, ...if he has the foul line jumper he would be very much like a Gavin Edwards.

Reaction Score
He started over Nate Roberts in all the games I saw last year. He is a nice player with agility. He would be an excellent 'team' player with court awareness, effort, and I think plays smoothly rotating in team defensive schemes. I often wondered how we could be watching Makai and Wilson, and then have Nate Robert's name come up before this kid. With that said, the issue I have now, is based on UConn's current team composition. With current room for 1 more 'big' , I think the scolly needs to be used or held for an 'impact' player rather than a role player. I am more intrigued by a player with offense like the clips of the Croatian kid, or rim protecting defense, like Carrigan. Obviously, a long shot like Shittu, or comps to Iggy would be great. Keeping in mind that Makai and Sid Wilson were the primary scorers last year, maybe Lukas has more of an offensive game than he needed to show. He is strong enough, plays within himself, ...if he has the foul line jumper he would be very much like a Gavin Edwards.

Nice analysis again Ricker. That Croatian kid has some big time skills on the offensive side of that ball so I agree, Nice footwork, good left hand and posts up like a man. This Brewster kid sounds like it wouldn't be a bad move either - one hopes we have some success with the existing new bigs and over the next couple of years a couple progress to our liking.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Assume he's Lithuanian though and South Carolina has been killing it with the Lithuanian recruits recently down there.

Reaction Score
Taking an official visit to Purdue this weekend, but they just got a commitment from Emmanuel Dowuona (sorry @Matrim55) and have another center committed in 2018. Although, Purdue has had some recent success with multiple bigs (AJ Hammons, Caleb Swanigan, Isaac Haas) so will be interesting to see what happens here.

Reaction Score

Next.

On a serious note, Maryland visited him yesterday, UConn does today, and Illinois does tomorrow. Then add the Purdue OV and Ohio State interest. This kid must have really turned some heads this summer.

Reaction Score
Purdue basketball target Lukas Kisunas hopes to find college fit for his physical style

Kisunas said his reputation for physical play stemmed from his training in Europe. His coach at the Sarunas Marciulionis Basketball Academy — bearing the name of the Lithuanian native and former NBA player — routinely scheduled older, stronger opponents.

"We had to compete — being 16, 17 — with grown men," Kisunas said. "It was basically an unfair game for us. But it was good for our toughness, physically, mentally not crumbling under the pressure when facing grown men."

Reaction Score

This is from FIBA play summer 2016, but it's worth the watch because you see more of his face up game, passing, and rim protection. Also it shows notably much strength he added over the past year (a lot more dunking as well in 2017).

Reaction Score
2017 FIBA Stats:
8.9 PPG
6.4 RPG
52.3% FG
66.7% FT
0.9 BPG
0.7 SPG
0.14 AST
1.6 TO

Per 40:
20.9 PTS
15.1 REB
2.1 BLK
1.64 STL

Definitely needs to stop those turnovers, which reminds me of Enoch playing for Armenia last year. But other than that he looks very solid on paper.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Physical center. I'm all for it. We don't need every position to be a skill player, we also need someone who will bang. I think Cobb and Carlton will, but there's gotta be a next man up after Cobb. Kisunas should be able to do that from sophomore year on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom