Lubin and Cassell Keeping Us in this Game | The Boneyard

Lubin and Cassell Keeping Us in this Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Cassell is showing that he can in fact, play basketball. I was started to wonder if he knew he was capable of at least trying to shoot the ball for the past few game.

I want to see Lubin slowly develop into a defensive and offensive monster over the next 2-3 years.

Reaction Score
Who ever would have thought a lineup of

Cassell
Purvis
Omar
Lubin
Brimah

Just went on a 9-0 run to go up by 4 and close out the half. Boat got some nice rest out of that.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
that last basket from lubin should be the only type he ever attempts this season.. Even though he made the jumper....please dont and the drive was adorable... Also brimahs putback dunk needs to happen more often for us... Who is taking lubin to score more then nolan this season? jokes jokes les go boys

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Ever notice, Sam can hit from the corners but not anywhere else from 3. He doesn't make many, but if we saw his shot tracker it's very odd.

Reaction Score
Who is taking lubin to score more then nolan this season? jokes jokes les go boys
I mean Nolan put up an attempt, and you know it just might happen...

Nolan averages 1.3 ppg
Lubin averages 0.9 ppg

they both rebound at the same rate and Rock gets his in less than half the time.

H

huskymagic

I have been saying Lubin should be playing more. He is playing well, good intangibles, vocal, a leader and mature. Rakim thankfully has relegated Nolan to fourth string to big man rotation. We need to play inside out because our bigs have more potential and are playing better than our back court. The Rakim has been unleashed on south florida. Cassell is benefiting from some "garbage" plays and the fact that Hamilton is very off and KO is giving him the bench treatment.

Reaction Score
that last basket from lubin should be the only type he ever attempts this season.. Even though he made the jumper....please dont and the drive was adorable... Also brimahs putback dunk needs to happen more often for us... Who is taking lubin to score more then nolan this season? jokes jokes les go boys
He actually looked very smooth on the jumper.

Reaction Score
Cassell's problem is he's a terrible athlete and is a gunner that shoots a very lousy percentage. I actually do think he knows the game, he knows when to slow it down and speed it up, problem is it's hard for him to speed it up because he's so slow. He moves the ball very quickly around the perimeter though, he set Calhoun up perfectly for the three.

Reaction Score
I have been saying Lubin should be playing more. He is playing well, good intangibles, vocal, a leader and mature. Rakim thankfully has relegated Nolan to fourth string to big man rotation. We need to play inside out because our bigs have more potential and are playing better than our back court. The Rakim has been unleashed on south florida. Cassell is benefiting from some "garbage" plays and the fact that Hamilton is very off and KO is giving him the bench treatment.

I'd like to see our bigs make quicker decisions in the post. For instance, it seems to take Brimah a long time to figure out what he's going to do. Often, by the time he does he gets swallowed up by a double team and he's not strong enough to battle through it and it's strip city.

Reaction Score
huskymagic said:

Hamilton has 2 fouls. He ain't off anything.

Your other points are mostly based on an active imagination.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
hamilton had 2 early fouls................. even if he's off he plays over lubin, and you cant really do inside out if your bigs cant score, thats why we need facey and brimah there to score, they have been and are developing really nicely

H

huskymagic

I'd like to see our bigs make quicker decisions in the post. For instance, it seems to take Brimah a long time to figure out what he's going to do. Often, by the time he does he gets swallowed up by a double team and he's not strong enough to battle through it and it's strip city.

Agree on the fact the bigs need to make quicker decision. Rakim's play isn't a fluke though, he is better right now than Nolan in every way except for taking charges. The bigs need to be encouraged and be more vocal and active on offense and defense. Omar and Rakim are two nice pieces going forward for this year's team.

H

huskymagic

hamilton had 2 early fouls....... even if he's off he plays over lubin, and you cant really do inside out if your bigs cant score, thats why we need facey and brimah there to score, they have been and are developing really nicely

Never said anything about Brimah and Facey. I like Rakim to take Phil Nolan's spot in the rotation and play about 15 minutes a game. He is capable. I have no complaints about Brimah or Facey.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Not with you guys on the rakim train... Hes not there yet as a basketball player.. Obviously been disappointed with Nolan. The kid has potential deep deep deep inside him but doesnt seem too be improving in any aspect.. All i ask for is hands straight up and box the guy out ... I played with kids with 0 basketball IQ or skill and they could perform this.

H

huskymagic

Not with you guys on the rakim train... Hes not there yet as a basketball player.. Obviously been disappointed with Nolan. The kid has potential deep deep deep inside him but doesnt seem too be improving in any aspect.. All i ask for is hands straight up and box the guy out ... I played with kids with 0 basketball IQ or skill and they could perform this.

Rakim is 100% better than Nolan and should be first big man off the bench. Rakim has basketball IQ and looks like a player: Nolan has neither.

Reaction Score
I liked what Lubin brought in the half, hope he gets more time.

Reaction Score
The talk about Lubin coming off the bench before Nolan is much, much more of an indictment of Nolan than an endorsement of Lubin. Lubin has given us decent minutes today but he's a long way from being able to provide decent double digit minutes against any kind of serious opponent. Let's not get crazy here

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Yea I dont know what you guys have really seen from Lubin ... I know Nolan hasnt shown but I think the scale still leans towards Nolan because of experience and length. Ill give Lubin respect tho because he has heart and definitely looks like he comes on the floor on a mission to find the ball...

H

huskymagic

KO favoring Purvis so much he takes out Calhoun even though he is playing much better than him. Ollie needs to stop the mancrush with the Buick and let Omar ball like he is doing.

Reaction Score
The talk about Lubin coming off the bench before Nolan is much, much more of an indictment of Nolan than an endorsement of Lubin. Lubin has given us decent minutes today but he's a long way from being able to provide decent double digit minutes against any kind of serious opponent. Let's not get crazy here

This is how I've felt the entire time. I want to see more Lubin just because he can't possibly be less effective than Nolan has been.

Reaction Score
Yea I dont know what you guys have really seen from Lubin ... I know Nolan hasnt shown but I think the scale still leans towards Nolan because of experience and length. Ill give Lubin respect tho because he has heart and definitely looks like he comes on the floor on a mission to find the ball...

Yeah, I'm not sure who the Lubin supporters are expecting him to guard against good teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom