Over the last 5 years, LSU has quite a few top 50 recruits:

Jarrell Martin
Jordan Mickey
Ben Simmons
Antonio Blackney
Tremont Waters
Naz Reid (2018)
Javonte Smart (2018)

And a guard from CT who wouldn't give UConn a sniff. A kid who really really cared about academics and had LSU and Western KY in his final 2.

Gosh, LSU couldn't be dirty, could they???

Reaction Score
Wasn't it Antonio blakeney who Pitino was pissed about losing out on after they thought they had him?

Reaction Score
I'm sure there's fishiness with some of them, but wasn't Simmons related to one of the assistants at LSU or something.

Reaction Score
Wasn't it Antonio blakeney who Pitino was pissed about losing out on after they thought they had him?
Yes his "shoe company" rant was about losing Blakeney to LSU. Waters seems weird, wouldn't be surprised if there was some funny money involved with him. But Martin and Smart are from Louisiana and Simmons god father was an assistant and Naz Reid's girlfriend goes there. Time will tell. It's likely all SEC schools have "funds" they dip into

Reaction Score
LSU has always pulled great recruits; it's not just the last 5 years. Just off the top of my head...

Shaq, Stanley Roberts, Chris Jackson, Tasmin Mitchell, Jamie Brandon, Randy Livingston, Big Baby, Stromile Swift, Brandon Bass, Ronnie Henderson, Duane Spencer, John Williams...

They had probably twice as many McD AAs as us so it's not a new thing for them. In no way am I saying they have been clean, as Dale Brown was dirty as hell, and it's pretty well known fact that they bought John Williams back in the 80s. But let's not make it seem like their strong recruiting is a recent development. Louisiana and Mississippi have always been a hot bed for them.

Reaction Score
LSU has always pulled great recruits; it's not just the last 5 years. Just off the top of my head...

Shaq, Stanley Roberts, Chris Jackson, Tasmin Mitchell, Jamie Brandon, Randy Livingston, Big Baby, Stromile Swift, Brandon Bass, Ronnie Henderson, Duane Spencer, John Williams...

They had probably twice as many McD AAs as us so it's not a new thing for them. In no way am I saying they have been clean, as Dale Brown was dirty as hell, and it's pretty well known fact that they bought John Williams back in the 80s. But let's not make it seem like their strong recruiting is a recent development. Louisiana and Mississippi have always been a hot bed for them.

Pete Maravich...

Reaction Score

Didnt they pay shaq though?

pj

Reaction Score

Louisiana has always been a hotbed of corruption.

Reaction Score
Over the last 5 years, LSU has quite a few top 50 recruits:

Jarrell Martin
Jordan Mickey
Ben Simmons
Antonio Blackney
Tremont Waters
Naz Reid (2018)
Javonte Smart (2018)

And a guard from CT who wouldn't give UConn a sniff. A kid who really really cared about academics and had LSU and Western KY in his final 2.

Gosh, LSU couldn't be dirty, could they???
Ben Simmons - Family connection
Naz Reid - Girlfriend plays for their women’s team
Smart - Stayed home and also lost blue blood interest as stock fell a bit

The next year is going to be a giant witch hunt with a absurd amount of finger pointing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom