OT: LSU Reinstates Wade | The Boneyard

OT: LSU Reinstates Wade

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Was just about to post this. Strange development.

Reaction Score
So was I - in fact I checked back one more time just before posting this as a new thread:

Apparently, having the guy on a voice recording explicitly discussing payments and offers to recruits does not matter:

LSU reinstates coach Wade after NCAA meeting

"The conversations, including Wade making references to a “strong-ass offer” and “the Smart thing,” are believed to be referencing LSU freshman Javonte Smart, whose commitment to the Tigers occurred shortly after the date of the recordings."
Report: FBI visited Baton Rouge to ask about Will Wade recruiting tactics in wake of suspension

I realize this stuff goes on all over the place, particularly in the SEC - but when a head coach is captured saying these things, and yet is able to weasel his way back into the job anyway? I'm sorry, but it disgusts me.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall in that meeting. My guess is that Wade's lawyers found some B.S. loophole that would make the wiretaps inadmissible, thereby setting LSU up for serious legal (and financial) liability. So they crumbled, since the guy is winning (no matter that he is allegedly involved in allegedly paying multiple recruits to go there).

All these cheaters, scumbags, agents, NCAA enforcement (enforcement? HAHAHA, what a ridiculous joke) and yes, even some coaches continue to ruin this sport that I came to love so much as a teenager, watching the epic battles in the Big East, as the conference becoming the king of college basketball even before we ascended to its top, and then the top of the college basketball world.

Only one word I can think of to describe it - Pathetic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So was I - in fact I checked back one more time just before posting this as a new thread:

Apparently, having the guy on a voice recording explicitly discussing payments and offers to recruits does not matter:

LSU reinstates coach Wade after NCAA meeting

"The conversations, including Wade making references to a “strong-ass offer” and “the Smart thing,” are believed to be referencing LSU freshman Javonte Smart, whose commitment to the Tigers occurred shortly after the date of the recordings."
Report: FBI visited Baton Rouge to ask about Will Wade recruiting tactics in wake of suspension

I realize this stuff goes on all over the place, particularly in the SEC - but when a head coach is captured saying these things, and yet is able to weasel his way back into the job anyway? I'm sorry, but it disgusts me.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall in that meeting. My guess is that Wade's lawyers found some B.S. loophole that would make the wiretaps inadmissible, thereby setting LSU up for serious legal (and financial) liability. So they crumbled, since the guy is winning (no matter that he is allegedly involved in allegedly paying multiple recruits to go there).

All these cheaters, scumbags, agents, NCAA enforcement (enforcement? HAHAHA, what a ridiculous joke) and yes, even some coaches continue to ruin this sport that I came to love so much as a teenager, watching the epic battles in the Big East, as the conference becoming the king of college basketball even before we ascended to its top, and then the top of the college basketball world.

Only one word I can think of to describe it - Pathetic.
Rod Blagojevich got 14 years in prison for what seems really similar.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I think that absent his admitting that he arranged payments, they lack cause for firing him at the moment.

I would not expect that Wade will enjoy a long career at LSU.
The uncertainty of the situation combined with being under a microscope is going to kill their recruiting efforts.

Reaction Score
You'd think so, but I dunno.

Louisville and Arizona are going up the river and they're recruiting the lights out.

I don't know how that works, but somehow, it does.
At least with Arizona you can sort of justify it with the 5* they get planning on jumping to the NBA and knowing they won't deal with any punishment. Louisville I have no idea

Reaction Score
I think that absent his admitting that he arranged payments, they lack cause for firing him at the moment.

This is what I was going to say. Seems like they are just trying to save that buyout loot.

Reaction Score
"NOW" LSU can fire Will Wade 'for cause' for committing Level I or Level II violations? Isn't that supposed to be included in his original contract???

I'm sorry, but I find myself agreeing with the anonymous coach who was quoted as saying "I should have been cheating 10 years ago, and 5 years ago." If I were a coach, why should I lose my job because I was trying to follow NCAA rules to recruit players to my program while a POS scum bag cheater like Will Wade openly was paying recruits that I probably lost to him as a direct result? And of course we know he is far from the only one (I'm looking at you, Sean Miller... and so many others).

We continue to see our society fall into a black hole from which there will be eventually no return... That is what happens when you continue to reward the cheaters, law breakers and selfish grand-standers while screwing over time and time again the men and women who try to conduct their lives with morals and ethics. It's disgusting.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
"NOW" LSU can fire Will Wade 'for cause' for committing Level I or Level II violations? Isn't that supposed to be included in his original contract???

I'm sorry, but I find myself agreeing with the anonymous coach who was quoted as saying "I should have been cheating 10 years ago, and 5 years ago." If I were a coach, why should I lose my job because I was trying to follow NCAA rules to recruit players to my program while a POS scum bag cheater like Will Wade openly was paying recruits that I probably lost to him as a direct result? And of course we know he is far from the only one (I'm looking at you, Sean Miller... and so many others).

We continue to see our society fall into a black hole from which there will be eventually no return... That is what happens when you continue to reward the cheaters, law breakers and selfish grand-standers while screwing over time and time again the men and women who try to conduct their lives with morals and ethics. It's disgusting.

This ^^^^^ is the best post I've ever read on the Boneyard, and I've been around here for over 20 years.

Reaction Score

I live in Baton Rouge. LSU fans almost rioted when the Administration suspended him.

They don't really care that he was caught on tape, they care that LSU was winning under him.

They wanted AD Joe Aleva and the LSU president out because they suspended Wade.

They rejoiced when Wade was reinstated.

LSU fans embrace the "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin" mentality.

Largely, they think almost every school cheats in football and basketball and laugh at those that don't or don't cheat well enough to win big.

They decry Alabama's cheating, but only because they think Alabama cheats better than LSU does in football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom