Love watching Jamelle Elliot on sidelines | The Boneyard

Love watching Jamelle Elliot on sidelines

Reaction Score
During the games, assistant coach Jamelle is constantly jumping up & down with excitement- I love it! It is so much fun to see her react to the action, and not just her but other players and staff on the sidelines, they all go crazy when UConn is doing well. Probably the same for other teams, but Jamelle is really inspiring! This whole UConn team- players, coaches, other staff- are all dialed in and seem to be enjoying the ride as much as we fans do

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Seeing Jamelle’s energy & enthusiasm now, it’s hard to fathom, after her inexplainable release as the HC of Cincinnati, a team that’s fallen back into mediocrity since they let Jamelle go, that she was reluctant at first to get back into coaching.

Jamelle has done a wonderful job with UConn’s BIGS, and she’s clearly found her love of coaching back in Storrs.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Amazing woman, coach and player. I still enjoy the replays of 1995 championship and Jamelle's invaluable contribution. Geno has loved all of his players, over the years. We know he has special place in his heart for Jamelle. Nuf said.

Reaction Score
During the games, assistant coach Jamelle is constantly jumping up & down with excitement- I love it! It is so much fun to see her react to the action, and not just her but other players and staff on the sidelines, they all go crazy when UConn is doing well. Probably the same for other teams, but Jamelle is really inspiring! This whole UConn team- players, coaches, other staff- are all dialed in and seem to be enjoying the ride as much as we fans do
I would love to see a compilation of Jamelle In action on the sidelines.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Seeing Jamelle’s energy & enthusiasm now, it’s hard to fathom, after her inexplainable release as the HC of Cincinnati, a team that’s fallen back into mediocrity since they let Jamelle go, that she was reluctant at first to get back into coaching.

Jamelle has done a wonderful job with UConn’s BIGS, and she’s clearly found her love of coaching back in Storrs.
The UConn bigs seem to commit the same fouls and turnovers every game.

Reaction Score
The UConn bigs seem to commit the same fouls and turnovers every game.
Harry Potter Seriously GIF
No Way Smh GIF by ABC Network

Reaction Score
Jamelle is my all time favorite Husky. I've often said that if I had played basketball I would have modeled my game after hers: no fuss, no nonsense just get the job done whatever it may be whether it is rebounding, playing defense or making a clutch basket. All about team success.

UConn doesn't beat Tennessee for that first championship without her play and that is a hill I will die on.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Because Geno is so “stoic” and rarely displays any acknowledgment to players as they come off the floor, Jamelle’s exuberance provides a measure of balance on the bench. Every once in a while Geno will wear his emotions on his sleeve.

North Carolina State head coach Wes Moore was riding an emotional roller coaster the entire game. He was bending twisting turning clapping and shouting and often threw his hands in the air in disbelief at times. He was close to being a basket case in the closing seconds of the game, as he was no doubt emotionally exhausted and disappointed as his team came up short at the buzzer.

Geno gets emotional when a foul is called (or not called) on one of his players, or one of them misses an assignment or didn't run a play correctly. He’ll read a referee their rights once in a while also. UConn is a better team with her on the bench.

Reaction Score

I was lucky enough to attend both games in Bridgeport and I was watching her also. She was fun!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I have always loved Jamelle. She remains my favorite player of all time. She is the perfect example of someone who played beyond her god-given talents in order to help her team win. The stories of her as a competitor are legend. I remember an interview with Rebecca Lobo sharing that even in pick up games Jamelle was fierce and that if she and Jen were on opposing teams ... watch out! I think Rebecca's quote was Jen is her best friend from the '95 team and Jamelle is her best teammate. That's saying something.

Reaction Score
Concur Jamelle is fun to watch on the bench during big moments in the game.... In addition, something I noticed in the NC St game was the Team Support Managers... one young lady in particular seated almost at the far end of the bench away from Geno and CD. That girl was nuts...the way she jumped up and screamed for every UCONN bucket... her peers were similarly involved in the game, but she was crazy. IF you watch any of the various YouTube videos of the Overtime period of the NC State game, keep an eye out for her.

Reaction Score
Well done, Jamelle. !! You are a Treasure. IMO Jamelle is
a kind of role model for future coach (?) Evina Westbrook.
Of course , Evina, keeps her full "Mom"
mode: poised, supportive, smooth, and effective.
Go Huskies!!! Everyone Eats!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Seeing Jamelle on the sidelines is priceless.

I am so happy she rediscovered her love of coaching. She is a great example of grit and determination.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom