Love to watch the Liberty but... | The Boneyard

Love to watch the Liberty but...

Reaction Score
Im loving to watch the Liberty in the WNBA . But... the PA system and music is far past obnoxiously loud. Almost drownding out the announcers. Is it just me or what?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ukonnfan, I noticed the "noise" during the second half and thought it was "out-of-bounds". At one point, I could barely hear the female analyst. There must be a really, really, really good reason for that type of music during down time.

Reaction Score
At least the new venue in Westchester is quite accessible for many who live in Fairfield county. I'd be going to games if I still lived in Stamford.

Reaction Score
Im loving to watch the Liberty in the WNBA . But... the PA system and music is far past obnoxiously loud. Almost drownding out the announcers. Is it just me me what?
It is not just you. We took one of our granddaughters to a Sparks game in LA and the entire "design" for the experience is endless noise. They hire a DJ to yell at you when there is a break. It is almost as though they feel their value is in the noise. Decibel levels. You cannot even speak to your seat mates and friends. It makes me pretty sure I'll never do that again. It is like going to a nice restaurant, where you cannot hear the people you came to dinner with because the background music overwhelms. I know the "design" is to get you to turn over your table quickly ( due to obnoxious noise) , but I would rather simply not go there. And let's identify and bury the person who convinced restaurants they cannot exist without loud and endless music in a pit of fire ants.

Reaction Score
At least the new venue in Westchester is quite accessible for many who live in Fairfield county. I'd be going to games if I still lived in Stamford.
I'd be going if I still lived in Greenwich.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Posted elsewhere about finding an easy route to see Liberty games from NYC but did not get a reply. Maybe this thread is more suitable?

I was looking up options on line and unless I am mistaken :confused:, it seems that the Metro-North White Plains station is in walking distance to the Westchester County Center. That would work for me especially since they have nice express trains from Grand Central to White Plains

Westchester County Center

TRAIN FROM NEW YORK CITY
From Grand Central Station (Or Harlem/125th). Take Metro North to the White Plains Station.
MTA INFO

Walking from train to County Center:
Once on the Station Platform, walk in the direction of the front car of your train.
Take the last exit stairwell (located on the left side of the platform).
Make a left at the bottom of the stairs.
Walk through a very short, well-lit tunnel.
Go right upon exiting the tunnel.
Walk on the path (Metro North to your right, parking lot to your left).
You will see the County Center ahead and to your left.
Walk to the main County Center Parking Lot.
Walk through the parking lot.
At the traffic light, cross the street to the County Center.

Reaction Score
Liberty last two crowds were 1500 and 2500. Awful. According to ESPN

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
It is not just you. We took one of our granddaughters to a Sparks game in LA and the entire "design" for the experience is endless noise. They hire a DJ to yell at you when there is a break. It is almost as though they feel their value is in the noise. Decibel levels. You cannot even speak to your seat mates and friends. It makes me pretty sure I'll never do that again. It is like going to a nice restaurant, where you cannot hear the people you came to dinner with because the background music overwhelms. I know the "design" is to get you to turn over your table quickly ( due to obnoxious noise) , but I would rather simply not go there. And let's identify and bury the person who convinced restaurants they cannot exist without loud and endless music in a pit of fire ants.

Same experience at the Sparks a couple of years ago. I was shocked that the entire game was played with so much noise/recorded chants/music. I’d be super distracted as a player. I think it takes away from the pure basketball experience too...especially at that level. Fortunately the TV cameras usually do a great job of drowning out background noise.

Reaction Score
Same experience at the Sparks a couple of years ago. I was shocked that the entire game was played with so much noise/recorded chants/music. I’d be super distracted as a player. I think it takes away from the pure basketball experience too...especially at that level. Fortunately the TV cameras usually do a great job of drowning out background noise.
That’s too bad to hear. No pun intended.....I don’t think I would find it enjoyable either. Games on TV from LA come across exciting.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, Kia Nurse lighting it up in Indiana so far. 13 pts in 10 minutes 3-4 from 3pt. NY up 27-19. :D

Reaction Score
We are season ticket holders to a few venues and we cannot stand all of the loud music they play. We have talked with a lot of others and they all agree. It is the same for all sporting events and noone seems to like it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom