Love Basketball? Love the Sun | The Boneyard

Love Basketball? Love the Sun

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Could be dismissed as a nice little puff-piece if it weren't so obviously accurate.
Love Basketball? Then You Should Love the Sun - Connecticut Sun

Note the bench... I see that team support all game, every game. I would think UConn fans would relate strongly to the Sun even if they are have not been inclined to follow the W. This is the team that Curt built. Love it.

20638450_10155445142005449_6444501614379036563_n.jpg

Reaction Score
The Sun play more like a College team than a professional team! As stated they play with a youthful enthusiasm that some jaded pros seem to have forgotten about! Though I have to admit it happens more in the NBA than the W. Except our UCONN alumni that have had it engraved into their brains over 4 years how to play on the court & how to act off of the court!
One thing about this Sun roster, Alex Bentley, has gotten under my skin since her days at PSU! Has loads of talent but you never know which Bentley will show up! One night she can shoot 8 for 11 with 5 3's and the next game go 2 for 15! And her defense is inconsistent to say the least!
But as stated above it's a breath of fresh-air to watch the Sun play now-a-days!

Reaction Score
I remember back when UConn was just taking off as a team, when it wasn't expected that they would win again and again. It was so much fun. Not to say it still isn't. I still love watching them. But when a team is doing it for the first time, it is so much fun to be there witnessing it. Glomming on later is OK, but watching the ride to the top is something special. I feel sorry for those people who are missing out.

Even early in the season, I could tell the way this was going, although I didn't think it would happen this fast. I was like Rebecca, I thought they would make it into the playoffs, but not as the third (or maybe second) seed. But even then, I was telling people on social media, this is going to be a great ride, get on board. I have enjoyed this season like few others in all the seasons of sport I have watched.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom