Lou's gutsiness | The Boneyard

Lou's gutsiness

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I mean, the worst player on the floor in the 4th tonight.

Reaction Score
I hope the week off gets her closer to normal. Right now she’s not nearly the player she was. Tentative. Slow. No hops. Mistake prone.
They need her to be “KLS” again to win a championship this year.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I hope the week off gets her closer to normal. Right now she’s not nearly the player she was. Tentative. Slow. No hops. Mistake prone.

The injury is a good point. Backs are the worst. Nobody have one. :D

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Mistake prone? She had 1 turnover tonight. and 1 on Friday. Unless you are counting missed shots as mistakes?

Reaction Score
She played hard but I hope she can get her shooting touch back. Needs to hit open shots for us to contend. Too many missed shots that she can make in her sleep.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lou played all 40 minutes tonight and she was really winded. Playing two games in 3 days after not playing for 3 weeks was hard for her. She showed tremendous toughness, particularly on the offensive boards, but she would probably be the first to tell you that her conditioning is not where it should be. IMO, that's why Lou missed so many jump shots. She'll be better conditioned next weekend, and hopefully 100% for one more weekend of basketball in April.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Her back problems had nothing to do with her decision making and she needs to stop complaining almost every time she is called for a foul. But yes, she showed a lot of toughness in the game. Unless she gets in foul trouble, she will probably play 40 minutes every game because as hard as she is playing, Geno will not take a chance on her back getting stiff.

Reaction Score
Her back problems had nothing to do with her decision making and she needs to stop complaining almost every time she is called for a foul. But yes, she showed a lot of toughness in the game. Unless she gets in foul trouble, she will probably play 40 minutes every game because as hard as she is playing, Geno will not take a chance on her back getting stiff.
She's going to get T'd up one of these days. One thing refs absolutely do not like is demonstrative objections or showing them up like Morrison did for Buffalo last night.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
One of the reasons I like listening to the radio call and THEN watching the games is Bob's call and Debbie's color commentary (feel like she's gotten better/more analytical). A comment from Debbie: To get back into game shape post-injury- 2 weeks.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She played hard but I hope she can get her shooting touch back. Needs to hit open shots for us to contend. Too many missed shots that she can make in her sleep.

I really did not find Lou's shot to be that big a concern to me. Of course, I want to see them go in but there have been games where her shot is really off (off line as well as off range). Most of her shots were just slightly short but always on line and she looked confident releasing them. It will come.

Reaction Score
Lou's rebounding and general toughness kept our mojo alive. How many missed free throw rebounds did she get this weekend?

What a great competitor!

I don't know if they are being told to retreat as soon as the ball is shot or what but we don't try and get any offensive rebounds. We need to get one or two guys to rebound offensively. Allot of times the ball hasn't even hit the rim and most our players are retreating.

Reaction Score
I think her shot is getting back into form, just a matter of putting them up and they will eventually fall. I'd be okay with her shooting over most of our starters from behind the line, personally.
What really stood out to me, as it has for most of her career, is that when she goes up for a rebound on the o boards she almost never goes right up to shoot. Pheesa is exemplary in doing so, rarely ever brings the ball down. With lou, she gets the board and when shes banged she flails all over and cant keep the composure so she reverts to either dribbling, but also often looks to pass out rather than using her size to just put it back up. Yes, players target her and give her a few licks, but she will throw her entire body around more than anyone on the team. Shes 6'3 and has made serious gains in size/strength so I think she can take a lot of that blows more than her reaction shows.
Of course, I'm not the one on the court so I say this as an observer. But when the fire is in her, theres no flailing and she uses her size along with her incredible skill.

Any thoughts on this observation?

Reaction Score
Lou was envolved in a collision in the first half on the defensive end and immediately put both hands on her back... Looked like it really hurt a lot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom