Louisville trying to force UConn's and Rutger's hands at upcoming meeting | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Louisville trying to force UConn's and Rutger's hands at upcoming meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what you are referring to Friar, among other things I am not a Republican and I absolutely am not a teapartier.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i agree with giving ND an ultimatum. make them go independent for all sports. at least that's what UCONN and RU probably want as it would force them into a different conference, or to remain independent in all sports which pretty much screws them everywhere but in football. won't happen tho cuz the catholic schools like ND in for hoops. i think it's time for the FB schools to assert their independence. of course, that would probably result in UCONN and RU leaving so i can see why they wouldn't. but that would be the best thing for UCONN...

maybe if herbst were to say "we are absolutely committed to the big east provided it is more fair. ND can join for all sports, like the rest of the Div I FB teams, or they can leave the conference."

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
There's no upside to giving ND an ultimatum

I doubt any firm decisions will be made until the Missouri and WVU messes are done. Basketball may try to force it with an 'ultimatum' today but that is as toothless as the BE asking ND to become a full member. What you are really saying is you don't like the fact that it was a BCS arranged marriage and still has value with the BE weak again and we have nothing to offer. Or you simply want ND to leave because you hate basketball.

Reaction Score
Good post, but you are in a minority on this board. Most people on this board think that if UConn begs hard enough, then UConn will get into the ACC.
Link?

Reaction Score
There's no upside to giving ND an ultimatum

I doubt any firm decisions will be made until the Missouri and WVU messes are done. Basketball may try to force it with an 'ultimatum' today but that is as toothless as the BE asking ND to become a full member. What you are really saying is you don't like the fact that it was a BCS arranged marriage and still has value with the BE weak again and we have nothing to offer. Or you simply want ND to leave because you hate basketball.
You can't give give ND an ultimatum. We should try to go to a 12/20 format including ND. Just for the inventory. But if there is one hint of any demands whatsoever from BB onlies, then we have to split into a 12 team configuration. We just can't accept another ounce of the onlies' input, suggestions, needs, wants, visions or desires - not one little thing. We will stay with them if they keep real quiet about what the football schools want, particularly, WVA, Louisville, and TCU. And Cincy, USF, RU, and CT kind of have to go along also. Because if any of the first three go, it's just about good night Irene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom