Louisville now included in per-40 spreadsheet | The Boneyard

Louisville now included in per-40 spreadsheet

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
You can download the spreadsheet here.

Three games in the stats now, still not enough to draw any confident conclusions.

BUT, I give the upshot anywhoo:

First, the shooting report, which is not about rates but deserves a mention due to it's confusing results.
Dorka leads FG% with 52.2, followed by Olivia at 50% and Caroline at 39.5. The team's 38.3 goes a long way to explaining recent results.
Not going to talk about 3FG%, look for yourself.
Olivia is at 100% in FT conversions. Caroline is 83.3. The rest of the team is 60% or below. More explanation, and much "Whaa?"

Aaliyah has a 3.87 ORB rate, Dorka and Olivia are effectively tied at 3.48 and 3.37 respectively.
DRB leader is Dorka with a 9.13 rate, then Olivia at 6.32 and Aaliyah tied with Caroline at respective rates of 4.52 and 4.36.
TRB rates are 12.61 for Dorka, 9,68 for Olivia and 8.39 for Aaliyah.
Assist rate leader is Evina at 5.22, then Olivia at 2.95 and Christyn at 2.39
Blocks are Olivia with 1.68 and Caroline with 1.30. All else are .70 or below.
Evina leads in steals with a 2.09 rate, Dorka and Olivia tie with 1.30 and 1.26.

I join in with those who see the Louisville game encouraging, if not satisfying. The brightest spot was Caroline, who did pretty much everything quite well and some things excellently. I particularly enjoyed her aggressiveness on offense (she actually leads the team in both shots taken and shots made rates -- again in a small sample) and the variety of ways in which she scores. That reverse backhand layup directly the basket was pure gold! Her individual defense is quite good and I was very impressed with her handle -- breaking the press of an excellent defensive team multiple times was no trouble at all. And -- again on a small sample -- I found her court vision and awareness to be on an extremely high level, even rivaling Paige's. I'd like to see how well that works for her in some time at point guard. Other than that, plays were run and defense was played with much more intensity and success than the team's last two games.

Excelsior!

Reaction Score
Thanks for your work on this.

I compared the shooting percentages this season to date against last season's and it tells the story. UConn is shooting 5% lower than last year and the opponents are shooting 4% higher than last year. This year's OOC schedule has been tough and the numbers should improve once the Big East schedule starts, but if the percentages stay where they are throughout the season, it will probably mean that UConn lost 1 or 2 Big East games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom