Louisville Fan Here, | The Boneyard

Louisville Fan Here,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is 3 games into his freshman season, with a broken nose, a face mask, and he had a double double tonight.

Reaction Score
He's played 2 games. He had 10 & 14 today. He was injured and is wearing a face mask. But he also looks a tiny bit timid on offense, he'll dominate once he gets over that.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He's just learning the game. But there is obvious talent in that kid. BTW he just turned 18, so he's still young.

Reaction Score
He hasn't averaged many minutes so far, partially because of the injury and partially due to foul trouble. On top of that he's pretty raw. He's got unbelievable physical gifts, but he need more experience before he can truly dominate.

That being said, he went for 11 and 14 tonight and could have scored a lot more if not for his atrocious free throw shooting (1-8 on the night). Drummond may not be putting up dominant numbers right now, but with a full season of Jim Calhoun coaching, look for Drummond to be a force come March.

Reaction Score
He was only playing 15 minutes per game before tonight and was having some issues picking up cheap fouls. So the 4 and 4 is a little bit "off." But it is pretty obvious that he's sort of rushing things on offense.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
He is 3 games into his freshman season, with a broken nose, a face mask, and he had a double double tonight.

Do you really need to hear any more than this? Kid just turned 18, has a broken nose, is wearing a mask, had 10 and 14 some bag is questioning his game? Come on bag, the kid is going to be nasty.

Reaction Score
could have scored a lot more if not for his atrocious free throw shooting (1-8 on the night).
I'm not saying this will always be an issue for AD, but it does look like he's pretty bad from the line in general. It's weird because it looks like he has ok touch when he's shooting from mid-range.

Do you really need to hear any more than this? Kid just turned 18, has a broken nose, is wearing a mask, had 10 and 14 some bag is questioning his game? Come on bag, the kid is going to be nasty.
Take a nap grumpy.

Reaction Score

The poster did not realize UConn was playing tonight and didn't see the most recent stats. 4 and 4 for the number 1 or 2 prospect in the country is a little weak given the competition. Hence why he came here for answers.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I don't get the impression the ville guy was talking smack. He was asking a legit question about a player with a lot of press and low numbers.

Reaction Score
I don't get the impression the ville guy was talking smack. He was asking a legit question about a player with a lot of press and low numbers.
Yeah im in a College Basketball fantasy league and I picked Drummond up pretty high. But Im glad to see he got a double double, Watching the game, does it seem like hes nearly ready to dominate come conference play?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Yeah im in a College Basketball fantasy league and I picked Drummond up pretty high. But Im glad to see he got a double double, Watching the game, does it seem like hes nearly ready to dominate come conference play?
Hard to say from one game. He certainly has the attributes to be a dominant player. And there is an incredible group of talent around him that it will make it difficult for teams to double team him. My feeling is he should improve as the season goes along. But it's hard to predict young players no matter how talented they are. I'd keep him on your fantasy team.

Reaction Score
But Im glad to see he got a double double, Watching the game, does it seem like hes nearly ready to dominate come conference play?
I think it could go either way. So far when he's "on" he dominates the glass and pretty much owns the paint.

But he has also picked up some dumb fouls and appears to be a little jittery (nervous) when the ball is around him right now. He tries to dunk every single offensive board, even when he doesn't need to and he rushes his offense a little bit. The level of competition he's going up against isn't as good as what he'll be facing later in the year but he'll probably rack up a good number of double doubles and I think he'll be close to averaging a double double with around 2 blocks a game the whole year.

Reaction Score
Drummond is improving with each game. He is on a deep team where he doesn't need to be a focal point right away. 11 and 14 in his third game is pretty impressive. I am happy with everything he does so far other than his free throw shooting. Not many guys get a double-double in their third game as a freshman. I think he is coming along nicely.

Reaction Score
JC is never in a hurry when he gets good players. He wants them to be good now and great in March. Sitting him on the pine right now makes him value every minute on the floor- which might be AD's one weak spot. We have not needed him to be great or play big minutes we have been playing cupcakes. Watch out in March!

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
11 and 14 and multiple blocks/shot changes and left a handful of points at the line.

Good enough for me.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
man, no need to snap at the Cardinal fan. all he did was ask a question. my god what is wrong with you
so many things you wouldn't believe it. If he really was interested in Drummond he would have watched the game tonight and realized he was making improvements with every game and clearly was going to be a force in college basketball this year.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
If youre really interested, watch the games. If you watched tonight you would realize he was going to be good.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The poster did not realize UConn was playing tonight and didn't see the most recent stats. 4 and 4 for the number 1 or 2 prospect in the country is a little weak given the competition. Hence why he came here for answers.
The answers can be found by watching the games. Tonight he was good. If he cares, he should watch.

Reaction Score
Defensively, he is already near where HT was in his 2nd year. He has great body control and is going to cause a lot of problems for opposing teams. He still is young, so he is going for the block every time; he'll get better as teh season goes along.

The man who was calling the game made a good point about him not knowing yet how he can use his body to create space. His rebounding is more of his being so athletic as opposed to being in great position or using his body to create space.

He will get better.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'm not saying this will always be an issue for AD, but it does look like he's pretty bad from the line in general. It's weird because it looks like he has ok touch when he's shooting from mid-range.

Take a nap grumpy.

At my age, ive earned the right to be grumpy. Especially with rival fans who come to our board and ask silly questions about one of our Freshman who happened to have the best game of his career tonight. Do you actually believe the poster actually has watched either of our games or saw Drummond have a double/double tonight? Of course not.

Reaction Score
At my age, ive earned the right to be grumpy. Especially with rival fans who come to our board and ask silly questions about one of our Freshman who happened to have the best game of his career tonight. Do you actually believe the poster actually has watched either of our games or saw Drummond have a double/double tonight? Of course not.

Dude, ease up a bit, geez. Like me, he probably lives somewhere that the game wasn't televised. He explained in a subsequent post that he picked Drummond for a college fantasy league, hence his interest. If you can't see the games for yourslef what better place to get the skinny than here. It all seems pretty innocent. Let it go.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Dude, ease up a bit, geez. Like me, he probably lives somewhere that the game wasn't televised. He explained in a subsequent post that he picked Drummond for a college fantasy league, hence his interest. If you can't see the games for yourslef what better place to get the skinny than here. It all seems pretty innocent. Let it go.

Nonsense, any real college basketball fan has DirecTV and has SNY. Don't be so easy on the kid.

Reaction Score
The answers can be found by watching the games. Tonight he was good. If he cares, he should watch.

The game was on ESPN3. Some people don't get good enough internet feeds to see a clear picture. Also, he is not a fan of UConn, so why would he be watching a game against Maine on a Thursday night. There are plenty of people who are interested in sports, but don't want to watch every game. That is why sports center was created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom