Louisville Extends Jeff Walz Through 2028 | The Boneyard

Louisville Extends Jeff Walz Through 2028

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don't get it, why extend him now when his current contract is already through 2025? It's not like he won't flirt with any other P5 schools when another position opens, mostly to leverage Louisville into "upping their current contract" to counteroffer. Is he a good coach, yes, is he an "elite coach", I am not so sure as in my view "elite" is only reserved for a "handful" of coaches like Geno, Kim, Tara, Dawn-those that dominate their conference, constantly achieve #1 rankings and you know, ACTUALLY win the NCAA Title, which as a reminder to their AD, he hasn't won....just sayin'

Just Sayin GIF

Reaction Score
Not knowing the details of the contract I'm guessing it was a reaction to Staley's new contract. They have probably paid him enough to stop the "flirting" with other major programs whenever they have a vacancy.
He has dominated the ACC of late and on average his teams are usually about #6 in the country when every thing is said and done, year in and year out. No, he hasn't won any titles and probably wont any time soon but who would be better? With wbb growing in popularity and Louisville putting butts in the seats I don't know that they could do better.

Reaction Score
Good move. Plus I am sure these schools are covering themselves by adding on certain perks if a coach decides to leave school A for school B by making sure coach agrees to forfeit nice chucks of the contract.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom