Louisville being investigated again | The Boneyard

Louisville being investigated again

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
maybe S Enoch read the tea leaves and will be watching from afar with his pro team in Tunisia

Reaction Score
Come on. Doesn't the NCAA always do the right thing? Why they've probably got their attorneys working overtime trying to figure how to let L'Ville off on this issue in spite of the fact it happened while they were already on probation.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Really at some point the NCAA has to stop enabling them and give them the death penalty, right?

Right?

You would think, but after what it did to SMU's football program, there seems to be an unwritten rule that it will never be used again.

Reaction Score
You would think, but after what it did to SMU's football program, there seems to be an unwritten rule that it will never be used again.
They seem to be avoiding it at all costs, which is why I’m not expecting it to happen. But Louisville’s recent string of shenanigans and investigations is unprecedented.

Reaction Score
This is just a distraction to keep them from dropping the hammer on Roy and UNC.
Yeah. Some kid from Paducah got 10% off Adidas shoes at Fleetfeet in Louisville Mall. The NCAA can then use the UNC rule. Non players got benefits from Adidas too so no penalty.

Reaction Score

That is pretty much the case I think. NCAA folks have pretty much said it will never be used again. This is at least comparable to the point shaving scandal of the 50s At least then Kentucky had the decency to close its program for a year. As sleazy as they are they are far superior to Louisville in all respects.

Reaction Score
Ongoing compelling evidence if the name of any day in any week, month or year ends with the letters day, it's extremely probable an investigation is or should be conducted in Louisville. When overwhelming evidence suggests the preceding could someday be inaccurate, it will be interesting.

Reaction Score
When they drop their athletic department. If Baylor and Penn St didn't get the boot, Louisville sure won't
Those were criminal activities that involved members of the athletic departments. UL was an illegal activity to the direct benefit of its athletic department. There is a difference. If you cheat on your taxes and get caught they don’t penalize the company you work for. If you are the company accountant and you and the ceo cheat on company taxes and you get caught they will. Penn State and Baylor were the former. UL was the latter. In other words, criminals worked/played for Penn State or Baylor. Louisville athletics was itself criminal.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
When they drop their athletic department. If Baylor and Penn St didn't get the boot, Louisville sure won't
Wait Baylor and Penn St. are in the ACC now?

Reaction Score
Ongoing compelling evidence if the name of any day in any week, month or year ends with the letters day, it's extremely probable an investigation is or should be conducted in Louisville. When overwhelming evidence suggests the preceding could someday be inaccurate, it will be interesting.
I have no idea what the hell you’re saying in like 90% of your posts.

Reaction Score
The school received no advantage from any of this. None of the players involved ever played for UofL. Those involved have long since been fired and this is just part of the NCAAs portion of the ongoing FBI investigation of shoe companies and recruits.
I understand how fans of a scorned minor program could be excited over this, but it is humorous how some get too far over their skis with misguided and wishful thinking that this is something more than what it is and to see the inevitable disappointment when reality doesnt meet your fantasy.

Carry on, lil fellows...
You committed major violations while on probation. Let's see where that leads.

But keep posting here. We love having you :)

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
The school received no advantage from any of this. None of the players involved ever played for UofL. Those involved have long since been fired and this is just part of the NCAAs portion of the ongoing FBI investigation of shoe companies and recruits.
I understand how fans of a scorned minor program could be excited over this, but it is humorous how some get too far over their skis with misguided and wishful thinking that this is something more than what it is and to see the inevitable disappointment when reality doesnt meet your fantasy.

Carry on, lil fellows...

This will end well.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Actually not. The University of Louisville is considered a victim by the FBI in the case. The NCAA investigation is a formality. There was never an inelegible or disqualified on the team or competing. Bowen was only verbally committed for a very short time. Unlike other schools in the investigation none from UofL was not even indicted in the conspiracy.
This is a minor and long expected formality.
If you wish to make a wager on the outcome of this, I would be willing.
Mmm how about a question? Why are you here?

caw

Reaction Score
Actually not. The University of Louisville is considered a victim by the FBI in the case. The NCAA investigation is a formality. There was never an inelegible or disqualified on the team or competing. Bowen was only verbally committed for a very short time. Unlike other schools in the investigation none from UofL was not even indicted in the conspiracy.
This is a minor and long expected formality.
If you wish to make a wager on the outcome of this, I would be willing.

Relatively speaking you are correct. I mean it’s not bringing hookers into the dorms for recruits...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Mostly come here to watch a fanbase as its football program dies a slow inevitable death. Like tapping on the window of a hospice and waving at someone you dont like as they waste away. It is a guilty pleasure, I admit.
Disturbingly funny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom