Who will win this game?

• Louisiana St

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
LSU has been the surprise of the SEC. The Tigers play really hard, but on the road at SC, the Gamecocks will win.

Reaction Score
Finished with even more.
57-48 SC final
Wilson 27 pts (11-21), 24 reb, 4 ast
wow, that's great, but that means the rest of the team had only 30 points?! oi! She needs some help!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Wilson is so much fun to watch.

I was a little taken aback when Catchings said Wilson could play the 2, 3, or 4 in the WNBA. She has the ball-handling skills, but the LSU players weren't even guarding against her shooting when she was 15 feet from the basket. She was passing pretty well when away from the basket -- I think her low assist numbers that have been cited on the BY are largely due to her teammates' lack of scoring prowess.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
We struggled against LSU's press, especially while Ty Harris was out getting her ankle re-taped. We play at Tennessee on Sunday and I'm sure they will press a lot because of that. Hopefully we will work on getting the ball up the court.

Reaction Score
First time seeing LSU play 4 quarters this year. LSU has athletic guards, but that is about it. By my count, LSU shot no less than 5 (maybe 6) air balls. LSU missed at least 8 layups. And still, they hung in their with South Carolina. Not sure what that says about South Carolina. I'm guessing that LSU has managed to stay in a lot of games this year with their full court press, which turned over South Carolina on multiple occasions. I had a hard time staying interested in this game, it just didn't seem like high caliber basketball by either team.

Reaction Score
I watched some of this game in 2nd and 3rd quarters and found it to be not a terribly inspired or impressive game. The #7 ranked Team in the Country scored a total of 54 points against a team barely ranked (#24)... and the worst thing is that 50% of the scoring came from one player (Wilson)... Need to be more balanced if they plan to play for long in either the SEC or National Championship tournaments. Just MHO.

Reaction Score
I watched some of this game in 2nd and 3rd quarters and found it to be not a terribly inspired or impressive game. The #7 ranked Team in the Country scored a total of 54 points against a team barely ranked (#24)... and the worst thing is that 50% of the scoring came from one player (Wilson)... Need to be more balanced if they plan to play for long in either the SEC or National Championship tournaments. Just MHO.
It was not a great game, mostly because of lack of focus leading to many live ball turnovers. At the end of the 3rd South Carolina was up 15 but with mainly backups in to start the 4th LSU went on an 8-0 run. They will clean this up, but LSU funky matchup zone and the crazy emotions going on with A'ja's Senior Day Ceremonies before and during the game, gave the whole game a strange vibe. I think it affected the young players more emotionally than A'ja. South Carolina has been playing well and scoring well and evenly at all positions the last 2 weeks and I expect without all of the hoopla of Aja's last game, will get back to that type of play going forward. This used to happen in football all the time until lately, I have noticed most football teams doing their Senior Day, the game before their rivalry game to neutralize the strange emotions. LSU is scrappy and very unorthodox in how they play and so the outcome did not surprise me.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
First time seeing LSU play 4 quarters this year. LSU has athletic guards, but that is about it. By my count, LSU shot no less than 5 (maybe 6) air balls. LSU missed at least 8 layups. And still, they hung in their with South Carolina. Not sure what that says about South Carolina. I'm guessing that LSU has managed to stay in a lot of games this year with their full court press, which turned over South Carolina on multiple occasions. I had a hard time staying interested in this game, it just didn't seem like high caliber basketball by either team.

I think it was at least 6 hairballs from LSU; close to the end of the game we were able to yell hairball while almost anyone had the ball in their hands. Their press was good, but part of that was while Ty Harris was out of the game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
LSU has been the surprise of the SEC. The Tigers play really hard, but on the road at SC, the Gamecocks will win.
I politely disagree, Fargas has underachieved for years and this years squad is one of her better charges but I would say Joni Taylor’s Georgia squad is the better surprise...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I agree the teams have their shortcomings however, have you seen any of the other 8-24 ranked teams? They all have flaws. I think SC can get to the Elite 8 with Wilson and Harris. LSU would only be expected to win 1 game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom