Louisiana St @ Missouri - 1/18/21 | The Boneyard

Louisiana St @ Missouri - 1/18/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
LSU up 8 late in the 2nd quarter in this one. @SECbbfan24 should be pleased.

This should seal Nikki's contract extension if they can hold on.

Reaction Score
LSU up 8 late in the 2nd quarter in this one. @SECbbfan24 should be pleased.

This should seal Nikki's contract extension if they can hold on.
Why does she need an extension? She just got one lol

In all seriousness, it depends on how we finish out the year and if we makes the NCAAT (which I have said they have to go on a big SEC run due to the bad OOC performances). They are using NET this year and we are currently 97 even with the A&M win. The back end of our conference play is tough. LSU normally finishes 9-7 or around .500 in conference play, looks like it will be similar again this year. I'm not impressed with our conference overall.

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 7.00.50 PM.png

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
52-37, going to the 4th. Barring a complete collapse, LSU should get back to 0.500 on the season.

Reaction Score
Missouri should attempt to play defense more, amazing how different the game is when they do.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Back to back Conference wins, that should be good enough for a 5 year extension for Nikki.:D

Reaction Score
66-64 LSU final

Pointer 22 pts (7-15, 3-6 3P, 5-9 FT), 3 reb, 3 ast, 7 TO, 2 stl in 38 min

Reaction Score
Missouri should attempt to play defense more, amazing how different the game is when they do.

I think Blackwell sat for a little too long in the 2nd half. I’m also not sure why Robin didn’t try face guarding Pointer in the 2nd half. LSU doesn’t have much of anything outside of her.

Reaction Score
I think Blackwell sat for a little too long in the 2nd half. I’m also not sure why Robin didn’t try face guarding Pointer in the 2nd half. LSU doesn’t have much of anything outside of her.
Missouri hasn’t been the same program since Cunningham left. There is no grit, leadership on the last two Missouri teams.

Reaction Score
Missouri hasn’t been the same program since Cunningham left. There is no grit, leadership on the last two Missouri teams.

Agreed. Haven’t watched much of them since she left, but they definitely are missing that spark she provided. Really a testament to how much she did for them, considering the talent around her was never really “great”.

Reaction Score
Glad to see LaDazhia Williams has found a home with Missouri, and has been one of their top contributors. She couldn't climb out of the deep hole at the end of the bench while at USC, when we could have used her help in the post.....

Reaction Score
Agreed. Haven’t watched much of them since she left, but they definitely are missing that spark she provided. Really a testament to how much she did for them, considering the talent around her was never really “great”.
Cunningham was incredible, she put the entire team on her back and she really did it all.

Blackwell, Franks and Williams are a strong little trio they have but they are pretty soft defensively and they struggle badly taking care of the ball. They lack a true ball handler, Blackwell tries to do too much and is often turning it over like she did tonight. Missouri really needs a PG or someone who can help direct the offense. If they attempt to play D as hard as they did in the 4th quarter tonight, maybe they can do things but they don't play with that effort very often.

LSU may not be very good but they play 100% every possession which is why they have found a way to somehow be 4-2 at this point in conference play. There is things to complain about but effort is never one of them which I can appreciate a lot.

Reaction Score
Glad to see LaDazhia Williams has found a home with Missouri, and has been one of their top contributors. She couldn't climb out of the deep hole at the end of the bench while at USC, when we could have used her help in the post.....

To be honest, I didn't quite understand why she didn't play a little bit more at the time. Glad it is working out for her though.

Reaction Score
To be honest, I didn't quite understand why she didn't play a little bit more at the time. Glad it is working out for her though.

Probably didn't satisfy Dawn enough on the defensive end of the court. Some players don't respond well to practice court competition and earning their way to minutes, while others seem to flourish more the more playing opportunities they get. I think LaDazhia only averaged 5-6 minutes per game in the games she did play in , while at USC.....

Reaction Score
Probably didn't satisfy Dawn enough on the defensive end of the court. Some players don't respond well to practice court competition and earning their way to minutes, while others seem to flourish more the more playing opportunities they get. I think LaDazhia only averaged 5-6 minutes per game in the games she did play in , while at USC.....

Always thought she looked ok when she got in.

And USC needed front court help.

Neither here nor there though now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom