Louisiana St @ Mississippi - 1/04/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisiana St @ Mississippi - 1/04/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This is just an ugly game. I had higher aspirations for Ole Miss so this is disappointing.
Neither team is good.

Coach Yo didn’t really coach much the last 3 min of the game and choked away an 8 pt lead

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
For as good as Shakira was for 37 min, she’s been poor that last 3 min of the game and in the OT

Reaction Score
I blame coach Yo squarely for Nikki getting extended after this

epic choke job :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
On the bright side, I was one of the 2 people who picked LSU ...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
On the bright side, I was one of the 2 people who picked LSU ...:rolleyes:

Quick! Hide the evidence that it was an accident! O great Oracle, can you tell me who's going to win the next thirteen games in a row?

Reaction Score
Happy LSU got a win here. This was one of the few opponents that I thought LSU could win against this year (Vandy, Auburn, Ole Miss, Missouri, maybe Florida?)

Coach Yo did a HORRIFIC job coaching to end the game. They had an 8 point lead with 3 minutes left and for some reason they wanted to play extremely fast, throwing up bad shots 5-10 seconds into the shot clock, resulting in multiple fast break layups for LSU. LSU does not do well trying to score from a half court offense and they played right into one of the few things LSU actually can do well in. She cost her team the game not telling to slow down and work to get a good shot. Instead of forcing LSU to play a half court game to get back, all those bad shots gave LSU easy layups.

I know Ole Miss is still in rebuild but Coach Yo as a coach is extremely questionable so far. She is brining in talent I will say that. Her coaching leaves a lot to be desired.

Reaction Score
Happy LSU got a win here. This was one of the few opponents that I thought LSU could win against this year (Vandy, Auburn, Ole Miss, Missouri, maybe Florida?)

Coach Yo did a HORRIFIC job coaching to end the game. They had an 8 point lead with 3 minutes left and for some reason they wanted to play extremely fast, throwing up bad shots 5-10 seconds into the shot clock, resulting in multiple fast break layups for LSU. LSU does not do well trying to score from a half court offense and they played right into one of the few things LSU actually can do well in. She cost her team the game not telling to slow down and work to get a good shot. Instead of forcing LSU to play a half court game to get back, all those bad shots gave LSU easy layups.

I know Ole Miss is still in rebuild but Coach Yo as a coach is extremely questionable so far. She is brining in talent I will say that. Her coaching leaves a lot to be desired.
My unpopular opinion: Coach Yo is very likable as a person/ality, but not a great coach. She's good on social media, and she can recruit (especially when she goes out and hires assistant coaches with connections to star transfers), but I am not convinced she can retain and develop. There's been an awful lot of turnover on the Ole Miss roster in the past 3 years, including people that she has recruited.

But let's see what happens. Maybe they'll gel a bit more as the season moves on.

Reaction Score
My unpopular opinion: Coach Yo is very likable as a person/ality, but not a great coach. She's good on social media, and she can recruit (especially when she goes out and hires assistant coaches with connections to star transfers), but I am not convinced she can retain and develop. There's been an awful lot of turnover on the Ole Miss roster in the past 3 years, including people that she has recruited.

But let's see what happens. Maybe they'll gel a bit more as the season moves on.
I agree with you that I find her a much better recruiter than she is a coach, at least at this point.

Ole Miss isn't a very deep team in terms of quality. To be fair They were missing Madison Scott today, who arguably has been the best player for Ole Miss all season and one of the best freshmen in the conference this year. She provided scoring (12 ppg) and rebounding.

This was very winnable game for Ole Miss but their coach failed them and LSU's veteran team made them pay for some of those mistakes in the 4th. LSU is very senior heavy team this year (Pointer, Trasia, Aifuwa, Seay).

Reaction Score
Ole Miss was the worst team in the SEC by a country mile last season.

not especially surprising that minus contributors they would still not be good.

Reaction Score
Austin should be restricted to playing only 3/4/5 for this ole miss team. She really hurt them trying to bring the ball up the court against the press by herself . She didn't really seem that connected to her teammates neither. If you notice at the end of the game the team huddled and walked off together but Austin was not there...hmmm

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Robert Mueller GIF by GIPHY News

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom