Lou Will Not Play today | The Boneyard

Lou Will Not Play today

Reaction Score
Katie Lou will NOT play today. Will be evaluated on a week to week basis.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
This means she probably won't play against UCLA in the game that was supposed to be her "Homecoming" that is really too bad for her. I hope the injury isn't serious but as a Cleveland Cavs fan who went through the Zydrunas Ilgauskas era, I know how foot injuries can be. I'm not a Medical Professional and I won't speculate like the plethora of BY physicians, I just hope the foot doesn't keep her down long. I hate to see any athlete get injured....

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Doyle says diagnosis is mid-foot sprain.

No fracture is good news though sprain recovery can take time depending on severity.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Thank you BY for nobody saying: "Everything happens for a reason." I'm hating this injury.

Reaction Score
Wish for a speedy recovery to my favorite UConn player. It will be interesting to see if UConn can get through this period unbeaten, but I suspect not.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Doyle says diagnosis is mid-foot sprain.

No fracture is good news though sprain recovery can take time depending on severity.

Careful, you are approaching BY MDism Cat.

Reaction Score
Certainly not the worst news we could have gotten. With the way UConn's schedule is set up, Samuelson will only miss 8 games if she can get back by Christmas.

Reaction Score
Wish for a speedy recovery to my favorite UConn player. It will be interesting to see if UConn can get through this period unbeaten, but I suspect not.
I'll take the over on that. Remember outsiders saying it's possible Z will be the best player on the team this year.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not a surprise. Lou needs to get healthy. That's the most important thing right now.

Z starts in her spot. Team adjusts and keeps rolling along.

Reaction Score
They obvious have the pieces to still maintain, the important thing is to make sure she is completely healthy come tourney time. So I hope she doesn’t rush coming back.

Reaction Score

Disagree, yes Lou will be missed, but CD has been shooting like crazy, if she keeps this up, Uconn should be ok, and she’s making a early push for AAC POY.

Reaction Score
She HOPES to practice in 2-3 weeks. Got here just as Huskies were running off the court with Lou limping very noticeably. Too far away to see what she was wearing on her foot. Will be clear to you watching on TV

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I wish I was as optimistic as so many of the BY's. Without Lou, we will have problems at times against the top teams (especially on the road). If we get through this OOC portion without a loss, it will be more surprising and wonderful to me than last years surprising unbeaten blitz through the OOC last year. At least they have one game prior to the really tough test against UCLA on the road to see if they can get some good chemistry.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Shades of 13-14. That team didn't have many bodies. Come tournament time, Geno played six. Thank goodness for Kiah Stokes.

This team has way more bodies. Whether anyone will step up we'll have to wait and see. This puts pressure on MW, but I think she can handle it.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
True, but at least I'm not doing my own diagnosis. No drive-byes. And I am a RN.
Really? I would have thought you were "in the business" (scout, recruiter, etc.)

Good on you.

[Say, I sometimes wake up with an aching hip . . . ]

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Here's some news: I am sitting in the XL Center watching warmups, and Batouly is dressed for action. Moreover, she appears to be moving quickly and effortlessly in the layup drills. She has a knee brace.

Meanwhile, Lou is in Das Boot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tough for Lou! I’ll still be at Pauley to cheer her. Let’s schedule USC next year!

As Cat notes, this is an opportunity for Z. For those who predicted that she would start, you are right. I’d like to see Meg get into the flow. If Kaila Charles can do it, so can Meg.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here's some news: I am sitting in the XL Center watching warmups, and Batouly is dressed for action. Moreover, she appears to be moving quickly and effortlessly in the layup drills. She has a knee brace.

Meanwhile, Lou is in Das Boot.
Batouly has been cleared for shooting and some half-court things, but not yet for contact. She may play at the end of the road trip. Fingers crossed!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Really? I would have thought you were "in the business" (scout, recruiter, etc.)

Good on you.

[Say, I sometimes wake up with an aching hip . . . ]
She’s multi-talented and also has a law degree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom