Lou to Seattle Storm | The Boneyard

Lou to Seattle Storm

Reaction Score
Great move for Lou. Chicago and Dallas never really suited her and she never really had a chance to play a big role. In the right team with the right people around her she could be a great addition. I think Seattle is great for her!
also reunites her with Stewie who was a big help to her during her freshman year at UConn.
lots of UConn players at Seattle and Phoenix now.

Reaction Score
Great move for Lou. Chicago and Dallas never really suited her and she never really had a chance to play a big role. In the right team with the right people around her she could be a great addition. I think Seattle is great for her!
also reunites her with Stewie who was a big help to her during her freshman year at UConn.
lots of UConn players at Seattle and Phoenix now.

Reaction Score
If they kept KML around for all these years, it shows they like ex UConn wings that use initials instead of names. Get rid of KML and then get KLS ASAP.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Looking around the league, I had been thinking that this would be a great fit for her but of course had no idea it would actually happen. Great news!

At least at Dallas she was able to start and get some significant minutes. But with Arike as the focus, the ultimate high volume shooter, it was far from ideal.

I don`t know where Lou will fit on the Seattle depth chart or how they intend to utilize her skills, but she should thrive on a team with a team orientation, winning tradition, and a significant UConn presence.

I would not be surprised to hear that Stewie put in a good word or two for Lou.

Lou should go into the new WNBA season with a whole lot of confidence. As Seattle must have noticed, Lou is absolutely tearing it up in Spain for Perfumerias Avenida, which is 21-0 in league play and 6-0 in the Euroleague, making it to the quarterfinals. She is the star of the team along with Tiffany Hayes. I have seen a number of their games on canalfeb and she looks like a different player, confident, healthy, better off the dribble and stronger physically. Shooting very well from three and also midrange.

Ironically, Bella Alarie of Dallas just joined Perfumerias Avenida, to play with her now former teammate.

Reaction Score
That was a major trade. So Seattle loses both Howard and Clark. That is going to be tough to replace.
Eventually Ezi was going to be a starter, and Russell has been getting better. Lou should be a great fit for Seattle which likes to spread the floor. Seattle won last year in spite of Howard.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In NYC opening up the sports stadiums including Barclays (10%) with a negative PCR test on Feb 23 So, I might get into some Liberty Games. Glad we are getting some veterans and looking forward to seeing Sabrina in Person

Reaction Score
So happy for Lou and Seattle. Now Phoenix and Seattle both have 4 UConn players.
Seattle: Sue, Breanna, Lou and Mogan
Phoenix: DT, Kiah Bria, Kia and Megan

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seattle must love what they are seeing from Lou in Spain and at the USA camp. She’s been phenomenal in Spain and I wouldn’t be surprised if Stewie saw that up close at camp last weekend and put in a good word.

Super happy for Lou. I hope she tears it up in Seattle.

Reaction Score
So happy for Lou and Seattle. Now Phoenix and Seattle both have 4 UConn players.
Seattle: Sue, Breanna, Lou and Mogan
Phoenix: DT, Kiah, Kia and Megan

Ummmm......Shouldn't it be Bria? Not Kiah?

Reaction Score
Way to excited about this move! ?
Excited Ultimate Warrior GIF by WWE

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That was a major trade. So Seattle loses both Howard and Clark. That is going to be tough to replace.
If I read the tweet right the got New York's #1 draft choice for this year. 'Course Pheesa isn't in the draft.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I assume she replaces Sami Whitcomb. Great move.
She needs to replace Clark, not Whitcomb. The best defensive player in the league IMO and 3 point sniper.

Seattle has successfully deconstructed a good chunk of their Championship teams now. Good job. :mad:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Reflecting on Megan Walker, I understand why she chose to leave early for the WNBA, but I can help believe that she and UConn would have greatly benefited from her staying for her senior year, which would have been THIS year.
Imagine this team with Megan on it. We wouldn't have lost to Arkansas.

She didn't exactly set the W. on fire, being buried deep on the bench. That love affair sure ended quickly, one season. Good luck to her in Phoenix. Sometimes a change of venue is just what the Doctor ordered.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Oh sorry, I was thinking Bria but for some reason I type Kiah. Why there are so many Kia, Kiah and Bria ... :p
I'd like to see Kiah Stokes relocate as well. It would be good for her. Give her a "fresh start" somewhere else. She just spinning her wheels in NY. It won't happen, but I think she would do well in Minnesota. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom