Lou Spanos and 2021 assistants appreciation thread | The Boneyard

Lou Spanos and 2021 assistants appreciation thread

Reaction Score

No matter your opinion regarding whether anyone should be retained or not, Spanos and the 2021 assistants deserve mega kudos for making the best of a bad situation. I never saw the lids mailing it in, which is saying something. Good luck in all your future endeavors and always Bleed Blue.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Appreciated his spirit but the results were difficult to argue with. The UMass game was such a disappointment for me after being so much more competitive in our previous two games.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
sarcastic comedy GIF by Kim's Convenience

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
These assistants didn't try to lose every game. Some of the coaches were out of their league. They didn't quit on the kids and I thank them for that. Dottin-Carter's group did improve (at the tackles) and I thank the rest of those coaches for their effort. Eddie Allen's group brought us the most joy on a team where that was far and few between. Thanks to Ryan Steinberg and his crew for putting together the recruiting database. Thank you to Lou for trying to make something happen with 2 hands tied behind his back. I hope your next opportunity is good for you and your family.

I wish all of them luck in the future. It didn't work here for anyone involved, but that doesn't mean everyone's next opportunity won't be better.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, it seems like they kept the team together and there weren't any off the field issues. Good enough as an interim coach.
Once RE was canned it was obvious this season was a waste.

Thanks and good bye.

Reaction Score
Appreciated his spirit but the results were difficult to argue with. The UMass game was such a disappointment for me after being so much more competitive in our previous two games.
Well the UMass game was the one game, post RE, that Spanos did NOT coach, due to Covid. Unfortunately, we seemed to lose any momentum we had built up in those prior two weeks…..very disappointing. But that game was not on Spanos.

Reaction Score

No matter your opinion regarding whether anyone should be retained or not, Spanos and the 2021 assistants deserve mega kudos for making the best of a bad situation. I never saw the lids mailing it in, which is saying something. Good luck in all your future endeavors and always Bleed Blue.

I do appreciate the effort. They did paid to do their jobs. They did the best could. Their best was generally piss poor all around. I’m glad Mora is 100% putting the program 1st.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Well the UMass game was the one game, post RE, that Spanos did NOT coach, due to Covid. Unfortunately, we seemed to lose any momentum we had built up in those prior two weeks…..very disappointing. But that game was not on Spanos.
Fair point and that was horrible luck/timing but you still have to think he was part of the gameplanning still? Regardless, as someone else here said, he inherited an ugly situation and handled it with class and enthusiasm. Best of luck to him wherever he lands.

Reaction Score
He’s a class act…dedicated too. He gave up attending his father’s funeral to coach a game for us. Just think about that for a moment. That’s not a guy to speak poorly about! Sorry it didn’t work out here, but wish him nothing but the best in the future. I’m sure he’ll land on his feet.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The bar for professionals who are getting compensated to coach a children's game is to simply "not quit". No wonder our records have been what they are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom