Lou sits out: under the weather | The Boneyard

Lou sits out: under the weather

Reaction Score
A little angst before Monday....

Katie Lou Samuelson didn't take part in today's practice as she is under the weather and UConn coach Geno Auriemma wasn't sure if the Huskies' leading scorer will play on tomorrow's game against SMU.

"It wasn't getting any better let's put it that way so I don't know about tomorrow," Auriemma said. "I don't know what her situation is tomorrow, it is certainly not going to be regular business, either she is not going to play at all or she is going to play some minutes, that would be depending on how she feels tomorrow at shootaround.

The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville: UConn's Samuelson misses practice

Reaction Score
Oh crap.

Well better now than Monday.

Get better soon, Lou.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
One of the rules that obviously wasn't made sufficiently clear is that no one is allowed to get sick more than once in a season!

On second thought, given how she played in the 2nd half at Maryland, maybe she should always play sick.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I hate to put a damper on things, but I really hope this isn't something like pnemonia or something. Clearly this has been a chronic issue and something like pnemonia can mimic a cold.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Did not some posters earlier say that Geno should rest some of the starters for this game. Just as he sat BS before the SC game, maybe he is doing the same thing now. Where are those posters?

Reaction Score
Did not some posters earlier say that Geno should rest some of the starters for this game. Just as he sat BS before the SC game, maybe he is doing the same thing now. Where are those posters?

Yeah, it is ridiculous. Why would he rest anyone for SC which is currently ranked 6th? He didn't rest anyone before playing number # 1 ND at ND, playing # 2 Baylor, Maryland, etc...People just have too much time ...

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I hate to put a damper on things, but I really hope this isn't something like pnemonia or something. Clearly this has been a chronic issue and something like pnemonia can mimic a cold.

The previous time she was sick it was a digestive thing. I haven't noticed her coughing a lot in games. What signs have you seen?

Reaction Score
Fuller's article quoted Geno as saying she's been struggling for the last month or so.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well, I'm sure they've already tested for it, but mono would be awful.
The thing about mono as opposed to pneumonia or pertussis, is that mono is extremely contagious. If it were mono others on the team would be showing the same signs.

Reaction Score
Yes, but....I seem to recall a few years ago someone on the team contracted mono and sat out a significant part of a season, and only that one player had it. Or did I dream this?

Reaction Score
Yes, but...I seem to recall a few years ago someone on the team contracted mono and sat out a significant part of a season, and only that one player had it. Or did I dream this?

I think KLM had it but she was out for only a couple of weeks or so.

Reaction Score
She probably has the flu I had the flu for over a month I'm finally back to 100%. Trust me if she had mono the coaching staff would have known... Test would have been done by now. There is a lot of things going around... College kids are under a lot of stress especially student athletes. It's not uncommon to get run down and sick. I think everyone is over reacting... Why play her tomorrow ... It's a game we would win even with our back ups. South Carolina isn't the end of the world like I said the streak won't last forever it will come to a end at some point. I already said this team has past all expectations so far... I figured we would have at least 3 losses by now. What matters is tourney time... I say rest Lou tomorrow and if she plays Monday great if not we will survive win or loss. What's important is everyone is healthy come tourney time.

Reaction Score
Yes, but...I seem to recall a few years ago someone on the team contracted mono and sat out a significant part of a season, and only that one player had it. Or did I dream this?

That is correct. Mono is not very contagious unless you share eating utensils or are into French kissing.

Reaction Score
In article by the horde, she has stated she is determined to play well even when under the weather. So I would expect her to play Monday. That being said, I'm curious to see who would play in her stead and how the team responds. SMU would be a good team to see how that would work.

Reaction Score
...I really hope this isn't something like pnemonia or something.
opus_scream.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm going to find a silver lining here. I have been concerned about Lou's play for several games now. Obviously she has been missing shots, but of greater concern is that her play has been somewhat lethargic, particularly on defense. I was concerned that the season was wearing her down and she was losing her confidence. In reality she's been sick.

Whatever she has is temporary. Hopefully it will be gone by Monday at 9 PM. Surely it will be gone by tournament time.

Reaction Score
A little angst before Monday...

Katie Lou Samuelson didn't take part in today's practice as she is under the weather and UConn coach Geno Auriemma wasn't sure if the Huskies' leading scorer will play on tomorrow's game against SMU.

"It wasn't getting any better let's put it that way so I don't know about tomorrow," Auriemma said. "I don't know what her situation is tomorrow, it is certainly not going to be regular business, either she is not going to play at all or she is going to play some minutes, that would be depending on how she feels tomorrow at shootaround.

The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville: UConn's Samuelson misses practice

Courant says katie Lou is out for the SMU Game---
Prior to really big games in the past Geno has announced some key member couldn't play ---then played them in the big game--with good results--whether a ploy or actual--I was never certain---yet, I liked the results.
Obviously, it is not the SmU game that concerns By fans--I would think short of a broken leg--KLS shall play in the USC game.

Reaction Score
I'm going to find a silver lining here. I have been concerned about Lou's play for several games now. Obviously she has been missing shots, but of greater concern is that her play has been somewhat lethargic, particularly on defense. I was concerned that the season was wearing her down and she was losing her confidence. In reality she's been sick.

Whatever she has is temporary. Hopefully it will be gone by Monday at 9 PM. Surely it will be gone by tournament time.
Katie Lou Samuelson--is a Prime Time player---the bigger the game the better she plays--the MD game showed the world that
Katie Lou excels even when she is sick enough to put a battalion of Special Forces in bed.
She, it is true, has missed easy shots (from 3 --easy for her ) and probably feeling the wear and tear--but she has the wear with all (for the nitters) to rise to the occasion!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom