Lou redux | The Boneyard

Lou redux

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just checking over the games that season and so an interesting factoid -

Uconn played USF the last game of the regular season and Napheesa Collier went off for her career high 39 points in a blow out.
A week later Uconn plays USF for the AAC championship and KLS goes off for her career high 40 points in the blow out.

Nice symmetry for the two sophomore classmates who would end up as the highest scoring classmates in Uconn history (to date.)

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
The USF game that burns in my memory is from 2018, not because of who scored but who didn't. Kia Nurse picked up Kitija Laska in the locker room and barely let her touch the ball. Laska finished with no points, no rebounds and no assists.

Reaction Score
That was one of my favorite games. Lou could have had 50+ if she had played more minutes.
I always wondered if Geno pulled her to preserve the perfect 10 for 10. Of course if she had played the 4th quarter it might have been 13 for 13....

Reaction Score
I still remember Lou's comment in post game interview when asked about her shooting...something like, "my teammates kept getting me the ball, I was open so I shot. I was going to keep shooting until...(pause)...well I was going to keep shooting"..(smile)...

Such joy.

Reaction Score
This is why I’m optimistic about Lou and her chances for success in Seattle. I think there’s great basketball in her, but she really didn’t get a chance in Chicago (coach didn’t trust her) or Dallas (chaotic Arike-centered offense).

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that Lou would have been at least third if not second on the scoring list if she hadn't been on the injury list because of her foot and ankle. When she went out of the Semi final game after the first half with 12 points. Her Junior year during the second game against Cal she went down with an ankle injury late in the 2nd quarter also scoring 12 points. Missed the next 5 games and was so so for much of the season until her 10 for 10 40 point game. After her Junior season she got her ankle operated on stating that it had been giving her problems most of her career at UConn. Then at the end of the 2nd quarter on her Senior Night game against Houston she went down with a back injury and missed the next 4 games. I also believe that she would have surpassed KML as the top 3 point shooter in UConn history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom