Lou on two good wheels | The Boneyard

Lou on two good wheels

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nobody questions Lou’s toughness anymore. She’s played sick. She’s played hurt. Opposing teams have tried to beat her up to knock her off her game and she’s taken more shots to the face than Chuck Wepner, including one in last night’s game. But the greatest measure of Lou’s toughness has been her play for most of last season on one good leg, while earning her second straight consensus AA recognition. We are told that Lou’s foot and ankle problems go all the way back to HS. The best way to understand how debilitating those injuries have been for Lou is to watch her play this year on her surgically repaired ankle.

So far this season, Lou’s ability to move on the court has been an absolute revelation. Her cuts are sharp and quick. She’s running the court as well as I’ve ever seen. Her ability to move her feet on defense has made Lou a much better defender. She’s become a rebounding force at both ends of the court, second only to Pheesa with 6.2 rebounds per game. Yes, it appears we do have the rebounding Samuelson. (Bags must be smiling.)

Most noticeable is her elevation on her jump shot. In the past, Lou’s jump shot was basically her just barely getting off her tip toes. But this year, Lou is elevating beyond anything we’ve seen. At 6’3” with one of the sweetest shots in basketball, the additional elevation makes Lou even more deadly. Last year you could contain Lou from the arc by closing hard on her after she caught the ball. This year, with her added elevation, she’s buried a number of 3’s after a defender has closed out on her. In addition, once Lou puts the ball on the floor to get to the foul lane, it’s impossible to defend her shot without fouling, and Lou is a very good foul shooter.

Lou has been great fun to watch play over the past three seasons. But this season, on two good wheels, Lou is an absolute pleasure to behold.

Reaction Score
She's going to have a monster POY type season. If she wanted to drop 30 points every night she could. On some of the 3s she hit last night she wasn't even close to the line.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, no one will send her to the hospital. Of all of the players out there, she seems to take the worst beatings during every game. The upside is that she really is getting in there and mixing it up. The downside is that she is always getting whacked in the head.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A side note. Right now, Lou is shooting 50% from the floor, 45% from 3 and 86% from the foul line. With a little better foul shooting, that would put her in line for the mythical 50/40/90 club, if she could do it for an entire season. I believe that Kelsey Plum was the last WBB player to come close, but I believe she fell short. Larry Bird, Lou's idol did it a number of times, and was one of only two NBA players to ever do it back-to-back, along with Steve Nash who almost achieved 50/40/90 for his entire NBA career.

Reaction Score
Lou is amazing right now. Same with Pheesa. I believe Lou will only get better since she's just removed from ankle surgery. Once the she gets to her max strength and gets better game shape she will be virtually unstoppable

Reaction Score
Agreed as to all of this. For me, what was most impressive last night was Lou being able to get off shots while contested. On one play she moved to her right and elevated over a defender for a made jump shot. And on another she easily made a three pointer when the defender had quickly closed on her and had a hand in her face. She might be overlooked for player of the year consideration (although I don't see how), but her ability to score from anywhere and her remarkable efficiency make her an offensive weapon unlike anyone else in WCBB.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
But this year, Lou is elevating beyond anything we’ve seen.
But this season, on two good wheels, Lou is an absolute pleasure to behold.

Case in point -

Lou.jpg

A thousand likes, oldude. Could not agree more with all you said. This will be a season to savor.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Nobody questions Lou’s toughness anymore. She’s played sick. She’s played hurt. Opposing teams have tried to beat her up to knock her off her game and she’s taken more shots to the face than Chuck Wepner, including one in last night’s game.

Chuck Wepner, The Bayonne Bleeder.

Lou has some similarities. After the game last year vs Texas.

Reaction Score
The only thing I question about Lou, why she can't keep her hair together during the games?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom