Lou: No Time For The Pain | The Boneyard

Lou: No Time For The Pain

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Gabby, feeling loquacious: "Lou's showing a lot of maturity and a lot of competitiveness right now," said UConn All-American Gabby Williams, who, herself, is playing through a hip issue. "It would be easy for her to blame everything on her injury. It would be easy to go, 'I can't do this because my ankle hurts.' It's easy to get lazy and just give up. She goes harder. It shows how she's grown. She's a leader and she's showing our younger guys by example, 'Whatever happens to you, you play your way through it.'

"We realize that we have a limited time here. You only have four years, so what will be your legacy? What will be your identity? What are people going to remember about you? Are they going to remember you were injured, or how you were able to play and fought through it? It's what you do."

On the ankle:

What will determine if you need surgery or not?

"I'm going to get an MRI and we'll see what it has," Samuelson said. "Right now, I'm good."

Is rehab helping?

"I have a new, really good brace, and I haven't had any issues since I started wearing it," Samuelson said. "I'm good."

Good article: Samuelson makes gains in spite of pain

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
What is impressive is the matiruty level Gabby and Lou show and express. These two, along with Kia and Pheesa and the others are not your average early 20 somethings. The insight Gabby speaks of belies her youth. We are an extremely lucky fan base.

Reaction Score
What is impressive is the matiruty level Gabby and Lou show and express. These two, along with Kia and Pheesa and the others are not your average early 20 somethings. The insight Gabby speaks of belies her youth. We are an extremely lucky fan base.
What is an average early 20 something? Just wondering.

Reaction Score
Agree fully! Amazing players and human beings!
Says a lot about their parenting, their recruitment, and their emotional development.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Over the years, so many of the players who came to UConn WBB program turned out to be not only exceptional basketball players but wonderful human beings as well. So many of them continue to come back year after year. They all seemed to have really successful careers and life!!! We are so lucky to be a UConn fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom