Lou Into Defense | The Boneyard

Lou Into Defense

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"After starting for an NCAA title team as a freshman, Samuelson averaged 20.2 points for the 36-1 Huskies last season. Yet Auriemma continually needled her about her work on the defensive end.

"Samuelson, already a polished player, is following Auriemma’s cue. Rather than wilt from his prodding, she is using it as motivation.

“That’s what he wants,” Samuelson said. “He wants all of us to kind of fight and show that we have that heart to fight back when he does knock us down. He knows that he’s doing it because he’s going to get it out of you eventually. I think that’s the biggest thing why people succeed or don’t succeed here. If you take it to heart every time, you’re going to not become the player he expects you [to be].”

UConn Junior Katie Lou Samuelson Focused On Her Defense This Season

Reaction Score
"After starting for an NCAA title team as a freshman, Samuelson averaged 20.2 points for the 36-1 Huskies last season. Yet Auriemma continually needled her about her work on the defensive end.

"Samuelson, already a polished player, is following Auriemma’s cue. Rather than wilt from his prodding, she is using it as motivation.

“That’s what he wants,” Samuelson said. “He wants all of us to kind of fight and show that we have that heart to fight back when he does knock us down. He knows that he’s doing it because he’s going to get it out of you eventually. I think that’s the biggest thing why people succeed or don’t succeed here. If you take it to heart every time, you’re going to not become the player he expects you [to be].”

UConn Junior Katie Lou Samuelson Focused On Her Defense This Season
If

A life's lesson. If you let the S.O.B.'s get you down; you are lost before you start. Sometimes your roll with the punch sometime you fight back and the key is to know the difference.
When you run out of energy you dig and find that energy. Some can do this some can't. I'm not sure how the boot camps are run today but this was the mode of operation for old time D.I's .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@BroadwayVa I get it. Not elegant, but I get it. She's saying don't get down in the mouth, just do it.
If anyone told you Boot camp was elegant they never played with the big boys. It was rude, crude, effective. You never needed again to be told to do anything twice. That saved lives. Now Geno uses the method to save games. My preference is to play Geno's game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom