Lou - How many shots? | The Boneyard

Lou - How many shots?

Reaction Score
Lou obviously has not shot the ball as well as normal during the tournament. How many shots do you think she'll put up between yesterdays game and the game Friday? I'm betting it's over 1000.

Reaction Score
She's jackin' em up, but she's not looking them into net.

Reaction Score
She's jackin' em up, but she's not looking them into net.
Jacking them up in an open GYM---just isn't the same as being heavily guarded and bumped into medical attention.
Let us not worry about Katie lou---her asset to this team is multiple and only one of them is scoring: She defends, Rebounds, takes up a lot of defenders attention--allowing Gabby/Napheesa to do their thing, she is a good guard--act as an outlet for KIa, Sanyia, Danger, Gabby--pulls any zone in her direction---and more@@
Big wonder what would Uconn's won/loss be without her???

Reaction Score
I'm not worried about Lou... anyway, we have Kia Nurse, who's shooting something ridiculous like 22/29, or 76%, on 3's this tournament! :)

Reaction Score
Jacking them up in an open GYM---just isn't the same as being heavily guarded and bumped into medical attention.
Let us not worry about Katie lou---her asset to this team is multiple and only one of them is scoring: She defends, Rebounds, takes up a lot of defenders attention--allowing Gabby/Napheesa to do their thing, she is a good guard--act as an outlet for KIa, Sanyia, Danger, Gabby--pulls any zone in her direction---and more@@

Right on, BVa. You might have also specified STEALS. I believe she has at least 11 in the tourney. (Geno's rejoinder: "On purpose?")

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Might be the shoes. KLS, Gabby, and Napheesa all changed shoes before the UCLA game to all white Nikes.
For the Oregon game KLS switched back to her old shoes while Gabby and Napheesa stuck with the all white.

Reaction Score

Wasn't trying to saying people should worry about her, and yes she brings more to the team then shooting. I just doubt Lou is happy with shooting 40.8% from the field and 24.0% from 3, for the tournament, and I'll bet she is working hard to get her shooting touch back in form. Just wondering how many shots she'll put up before the final four.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Just wondering how many shots she'll put up before the final four.

Depends upon whether Dad can find an unlocked gym for Lou and Karlie.

Now, that would be a hoot!

Reaction Score
Wasn't trying to saying people should worry about her, and yes she brings more to the team then shooting. I just doubt Lou is happy with shooting 40.8% from the field and 24.0% from 3, for the tournament, and I'll bet she is working hard to get her shooting touch back in form. Just wondering how many shots she'll put up before the final four.

Just a manner of speech---not to worry---not that you were worried---I and others saw no insult to KLS or anyone else---
I understood your posting--and know what you said mostlikely was true/correct.

I hope she is shooting those 1000 in Dallas at the rims she'll be shooting at during the game. Each rim has a different feel--a different bounce---they are manufactured to tolerance--but nothing is exactly the same.

I'm fine with you--hope you feel the same towards me.

Reaction Score
I think that teams playing "Whack a Lou" might have something to do with it....

And she needs to learn to fight through it and not let it affect her.

Back in the day we had another star player from California that other teams would try to beat up -- she carried two fairly unimpressive rosters to back-to-back championships.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
KLS has been missing uncontested three point shots. She has just not been shooting accurately recently. I know she is doing other things well, but remember, she is an AA and needs to start playing like one. That means raising her level of play in all facets of her game. Just think, if she shoots like she had been shooting all season, no game will be close. The team's scoring has been high without her reaching her average, but when she finds it, and I believe Uconn needs it in order to win it all, it will open up the floor and allow for a more efficient offense. It will also take pressure off the other players. Her offense is the only thing, imo, that needs to get better. Also, KLS is not the only player to get beat up and banged on. Last season's MOP got beat up for three years.

Reaction Score
I know so little about the subject I'm reluctant to write this, but oh well. I have noticed a difference in her shot, most particularly between the AAC championship and now. The commentators remarked several times on what a "smooth stroke" she has, and I'm not seeing that now. I don't think she is following through as smoothly, and in many sports that is important. Look at the replays and tell me I'm wrong, but it sure looks like it to me.

Reaction Score
Lou's pressing a bit with her shot. When you do something that only one male and no other female has done in basketball history, you can shoot the ball. Lou will be alright.

Reaction Score
It's not like she's throwing up airballs. She is hitting the rim consistently. A little strong on some a little short on others. In the past few games it looks to me like she is rushing her shot a little. This could be leading to the short follow through mentioned above. In the tournament UConn is playing better teams with more athletic players who are closing out on her shots a bit faster when compared with what she saw in conference play. Shooting is all about rhythm and if you can disrupt a shooter's rhythm it makes their job tougher.

The plus side of this is that teams seem to be so concerned about Lou that they are losing Kia and Saniya who are picking up the slack. If teams play a more "vanilla" defense to address all three, things should open back up for Lou.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom