Lou AAC Player Of The Week | The Boneyard

Lou AAC Player Of The Week

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Katie Lou Samuelson named AAC Player of the Week

“She’s really enjoying this role that she has as a rebounder, and someone who’s getting us out on the break,” coach Geno Auriemma said after Saturday’s game. “She’s making herself into a really, really, really complete player. Little by little it’s evolved. "

Apparently, getting 3 really's is a little easier lately. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to Lou! "Samuelson averaged 23 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists last week." Yikes!

Geno is helping her to become a compete player. She could be the NPOY and #1 pick. She could also be a contender for UConn's Mt. Rushmore.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Congrats to Lou! "Samuelson averaged 23 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists last week." Yikes!

Geno is helping her to become a compete player. She could be the NPOY and #1 pick. She could also be a contender for UConn's Mt. Rushmore.
I like the way you think...it must be a “Law” thing...:cool:

Reaction Score
Funny thing is she hasn't really played her best yet. Yes her rebounds last game were a career high, but her shooting has not been typical... just imagine when she gets that smoothed out!!!;):cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Funny thing is she hasn't really played her best yet. Yes her rebounds last game were a career high, but her shooting has not been typical... just imagine when she gets that smoothed out!!!;):cool:

I know Geno and his players often say when the shooting is off if you just concentrate on doing the little things in a game the shooting will come around. I'm sure there is truth in that. Gets the head off the shooting and lets instinct and training kick in. However, with Lou convinced to play a leading role in a complete game effort, that effort may well take some of her scoring edge away. Frankly, I see no shooting problems though. She's averaging over 20 a game and could get 30 any night, but that is not the UConn way.

Reaction Score
I know Geno and his players often say when the shooting is off if you just concentrate on doing the little things in a game the shooting will come around. I'm sure there is truth in that. Gets the head off the shooting and lets instinct and training kick in. However, with Lou convinced to play a leading role in a complete game effort, that effort may well take some of her scoring edge away. Frankly, I see no shooting problems though. She's averaging over 20 a game and could get 30 any night, but that is not the UConn way.
Just imagine what her per game avg would be if she hit just a few more 3s each game.

Reaction Score
You can see she is a different player this year after the surgery. Can appreciate how well she played hurt even more in the the past years. If she can continue to improve rebounding and defensively as she has, I think she is the best player in the country. Her offensive repertoire is second to none, her basketball IQ and passing is great (3.8 to 1 ATR #5 in country,) plus her leadership is critical for this team (especially since Pheesa is more lead by example.)

The most import part of her game that I love this year is that she looks like she wants to own the moment. I have seen it before but in the big games we lost it was missing. I know we have CW who has it, but I think it will be KLS. I think she can get open more this year with her health and this line up requires teams to not double as much because as we saw at ND KLS can find the open shooter (6 dimes in 1st half) who can hit their shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom