Losing a regular season is not the end of the world | The Boneyard

Losing a regular season is not the end of the world

Reaction Score
Losing a Regular Season game doesn’t matter come Tourny time. All that matters is playing Your best for 6 Games. Come Tourny Time You’re 0-0.
absolutely right... last year ND had what, 3 losses? Uconn won the NC after losing to ND 3 times in one season and Baylor too. Of course losses in the regular season will impact seeding for the tournament, thus impacting each team's road to the Championship...making it easier or harder to get there. [sounds a little "Captain Obvious" to me...but I wrote it, so I own it.]

Reaction Score
Right i feel the media and some uconn fans are giving up on this program just because of the lost and kids not commiting the past year. Well we did get the last 2 number 1 recruits in Williams and Walker its just so happen Walker isnt playing like one and the size is a factor as alot of teams are big inside. But we are still Uconn and play like we should. That lost at Baylor was a set up game to lose. We were coming off 2 hard fought games on the road already and the break of finals is hard for any team to overcome. Mentally and pysical we are tired thats was cause for the bad shootings the last couple of games we just dont look like we have that same energy and focus as we did in the beginning of the season. But we will get back to the old us i can tell from how we fight and play hard. Baylor game we kept fighting to come back but then they will go on a run. That easy could of been a 25 blow out we can beat them. we needed to run more and play more zone are guards seemed scared of there size and for the recruits we will start getting them back its so many good players that want to go where they seem comfy at. We need to offer kids early and go after the kids who wants to be a Husky

Reaction Score
absolutely right... last year ND had what, 3 losses? Uconn won the NC after losing to ND 3 times in one season and Baylor too. Of course losses in the regular season will impact seeding for the tournament, thus impacting each team's road to the Championship...making it easier or harder to get there. [sounds a little "Captain Obvious" to me...but I wrote it, so I own it.]
I’d say it won’t really affect Your seeding if You lose just one game. Heck if You have a tough enough schedule You could lose two games or even 3 and still get a one seed.

Reaction Score
Losing a Regular Season game doesn’t matter come Tourny time. All that matters is playing Your best for 6 Games. Come Tourny Time You’re 0-0.
You just posted Geno's normal chant: All you need to do is win 6 games for the NC. But the Elite 8, per Geno, is the toughest. Then too the FF ain't no give away. Howsomeever, Geno (to my last recollection) has never lost in an NC (must be the easiest I assume)

Reaction Score
Right i feel the media and some uconn fans are giving up on this program just because of the lost and kids not commiting the past year. Well we did get the last 2 number 1 recruits in Williams and Walker its just so happen Walker isnt playing like one and the size is a factor as alot of teams are big inside. But we are still Uconn and play like we should. That lost at Baylor was a set up game to lose. We were coming off 2 hard fought games on the road already and the break of finals is hard for any team to overcome. Mentally and pysical we are tired thats was cause for the bad shootings the last couple of games we just dont look like we have that same energy and focus as we did in the beginning of the season. But we will get back to the old us i can tell from how we fight and play hard. Baylor game we kept fighting to come back but then they will go on a run. That easy could of been a 25 blow out we can beat them. we needed to run more and play more zone are guards seemed scared of there size and for the recruits we will start getting them back its so many good players that want to go where they seem comfy at. We need to offer kids early and go after the kids who wants to be a Husky

Few, if ANY UConn FANS are "giving up" on Uconn. However, the reality of Uconn's current situation and size has set in.
No one can actually, factually say : These are the players Uconn will or won't get until they are actually sitting in a Uconn class.. Chickens and potential Uconn recruits are getting harder to count (Geno has never changing "requirements")

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I hope UConn isn’t losing the entire regular season just because of one game.

Reaction Score
As Geno often says, it is really hard to come out and play your best game after game after game. I don't think UConn played their best against Baylor, especially with a less-than-30% shooting rate, but I also think Baylor played an excellent game, and also that UConn will have trouble with any good team that has bigger, taller players in the lane.
But no, it is okay to lose a regular-season game, especially if you can say that you didn't play your best. I would much rather have a mid-season loss than a play-off loss! What hurt the most in the last two is that UConn didn't play their best at those two crucial points in time. Those were great teams and I wish Gabby and Kia had won at least one of those two NCs. How UConn came out so flat against Miss State after a blowout win in the Elite 8 still mystifies me. UConn was a far better team. And last year, UConn-Notre Dame was a closer match-up, but again, the A-game was not there.
So hopefully, there is only one bad performance a year, and this year it happened before the tournament, instead of at the final four. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
The Uconn women are still great in my eyes. I think they still have a great chance at winning the National Championship. Geno set up the game against Baylor to give them a loss. He was tired of all the focus being on him and the streaks. He wants the focus to be on the players and how great they are, which they will show. Yes, this is my speculation, but listen between the lines of what he says. He knows what he's doing. He knows the women have to shoot really well or do something different to get penetration against very tall teams, but he'll handle it. I think. Alright, I hope. But he has done amazing things with his teams before.

Reaction Score
The more I read about UCONN's player height "issues", I've come to realize that Oregon State has the same "height" issues. The two (2) tallest eligible OSU players don't play that many minutes between the both of them, mostly due to inexperience, and, ability. OSU is playing with a lineup similar to that of UCONN. OSU is reasonably deep with experience and talent with the players OSU can put on the floor, but, lacking height to go up against a Baylor or MSU size team at the 5. We traded a 6'5" Marie Gulich for a 5'7" Destiny Slocum!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I hope UConn isn’t losing the entire regular season just because of one game.

I thought that as well but OP clarified in the original post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom