Losing a really close game sucks | The Boneyard

Losing a really close game sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While I'm proud of the team for fighting back in the closing minute to take the lead, as a fan this loss woulda been easier to take if we had never gotten it back under 4. Replaying that last sequence ... when we were oh SO close ... absolutely brutal, and hard to forget!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The fact that it looked like we were actually going to steal that game makes it really tough. Kelly was amazing in the last minute. Unfortunately, it was all for nought.

Bottom line, ND had a slightly better team this year. That will not be the case in the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
Absolutely a most heartbreaking loss!!! I thought we won the game with 8 sec left. !!!!! How did it get away, I really don't know!!!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
It's very telling to me that ND needed OT to beat UConn twice this season, even with the TOP POINT GAURD IN AMERICA © and all those 5th year seniors.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It's very telling to me that ND needed OT to beat UConn twice this season, even with the TOP POINT GAURD IN AMERICA © and all those 5th year seniors.
Bingo, I would not describe ND as better given that on their court and a neutral court they had to go to overtime for the wins. I would say the two teams are extremely equal. So equal in fact that a couple of bounces or breaks did in fact make differences in the games. Like the St. John's game last night's loss was as close as you can be to a win and not gain it. A Simple Twist of Fate.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
On paper, Notre Dame SHOULD beat UConn. An All-American PG, BE Defensive Player of the Year, three fifth year seniors, lost only one player from a National Championship runner-up the year before....yet UConn took them to OT twice and beat them once. Not too shabby. I respect Muffet a lot, don't really respect her players (seriously, WTF with Diggins showing her Twitter handle on national TV???) but the next four years will be hellish for them against UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom