Los Angeles Sparks @ Seattle Storm - 6/28/18 | The Boneyard

Los Angeles Sparks @ Seattle Storm - 6/28/18

Reaction Score
FAD21138-A0DA-49A0-80EF-B815FFB7BEDD.jpeg

Reaction Score
Sparks driving hard in the lane at will for easy layups. Will the Storm step up the effort-level on defense?

Reaction Score
Neka trying to be a leader and no one paying attention

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Stewie took over in the 4Q. Outside shooting was off but did alot of damage in the lane. Good win. Surprised Agler did not try to trap more.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sue dropped 11 dimes.

Stewie expanded her lead in the MVP race, in my opinion.

Candace had a big game with 27 and 11, but 7 TOs hurt. Sometimes she tries to do too much.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sue dropped 11 dimes.

Candace had a big game with 27 and 11, but 7 TOs hurt. Sometimes she tries to do too much.
;)

Reaction Score
Sue dropped 11 dimes.

Stewie won the battle by a long shot with Parker this night despite Parker's numbers. The number of forced time running out shots and clock violations the Sparks had were a result of Parkers over dominance of the ball. She has a really good two man game going with Nika so I believe when Nika is out she really has no one else she can consistently distribute the ball too, so she then feels justified in looking for her own shot. She is not the type of player who facilitated offensive ball movement. Too often Parkers individual stat success comes at the expense of her team mates production. This is what I was referring to in a previous post on what Parkers role should be with the Sparks. Parker's over dominance of controlling the ball made her slack off in effort on the defensive end. She lost her man continually.

I think games like this provides the perfect example and justification for why she was not picked for the USA team.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Stewie won the battle by a long shot with Parker this night despite Parker's numbers. The number of forced time running out shots and clock violations the Sparks had were a result of Parkers over dominance of the ball. She has a really good two man game going with Nika so I believe when Nika is out she really has no one else she can consistently distribute the ball too, so she then feels justified in looking for her own shot. She is not the type of player who facilitated offensive ball movement. Too often Parkers individual stat success comes at the expense of her team mates production. This is what I was referring to in a previous post on what Parkers role should be with the Sparks. Parker's over dominance of controlling the ball made her slack off in effort on the defensive end. She lost her man continually.

I think games like this provides the perfect example and justification for why she was not picked for the USA team.
Doug Collins once referred to Carmelo Anthony as a “ball movement killer,” implying that because Anthony would dribble around excessively prior to shooting the ball, his frustrated teammates would end up standing around watching. Parker has the same inclination at times.

It’s OK once and awhile, so long as a player is making shots. But if a star player is cold, or dominates the ball, it can cause problems on a team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom