Los Angeles Sparks 2020 | The Boneyard

Los Angeles Sparks 2020

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Rooting for Sparks to win CP3’s second, but big holes with KT, Chiney, and Maria V out. Bet they wish they had held onto Brown. Hope Sykes can bring something. Not optimistic about Augustus, but hope she goes on a rampage as a big u to Minny

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Rooting for Sparks to win CP3’s second, but big holes with KT, Chiney, and Maria V out. Bet they wish they had held onto Brown. Hope Sykes can bring something. Not optimistic about Augustus, but hope she goes on a rampage as a big u to Minny

I'm not optimistic about Augustus either. I seriously doubt she has anything left in the tank. She may be more valuable to the team as a mentor or coach. I was surprised that LA picked her up.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Now they all have the same uniforms??:confused:

Reaction Score
I would like to see Parker win one more but it will be a tall order. I posted that I expect the Sparks to be towards the top of the league standings and I do but I'm unsure if they have the skill to defeat Seattle and Las Vegas. Augustus doesn't seem like she has much left and Parker is likely in her final few seasons. Gray and Nneka are top notch but Fisher has yet to impress me even taking the drama of last season out of the equation.

Reaction Score
I would like to see Parker win one more but it will be a tall order. I posted that I expect the Sparks to be towards the top of the league standings and I do but I'm unsure if they have the skill to defeat Seattle and Las Vegas. Augustus doesn't seem like she has much left and Parker is likely in her final few seasons. Gray and Nneka are top notch but Fisher has yet to impress me even taking the drama of last season out of the equation.
I have been critical of Parkers lack of effort for two seasons in a row, but she still can play if she decides too. Perhaps with her daughter there she might feel a need to give more effort than she has in the past. If Parker decides she wants to play more than every once in a while this Sparks team will be a threat. But I am not about to hold my breath.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Check out how big Parker’s daughter is getting.

Crazy to think she's going to start getting recruited in 4-5 years. Feels like it wasnt very long ago Candace sat out to give birth.

Reaction Score
Crazy to think she's going to start getting recruited in 4-5 years. Feels like it wasnt very long ago Candace sat out to give birth.
Sat out the season? Whats that all about. She should have played and just given birth at halftime.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Mark my words... she will end up at Duke

Good thing none of yall will remember my words in the year 2027 or 2028 and bump this thread in case I'm wrong.. with the possible exception of Plebe.

Hard to say but this is quite plausible if Kara gets traction at Duke. Her dad played there and was an All-American, Candace almost chose Duke, too. Lailaa has 2 very bright parents and Duke is a much more prestigious academic school than UT. Candace bleeds orange but if the program isn't back as a top 10 program and Duke is, odds shift to Duke. All that said, we have no idea if Lailaa wants to play basketball or will end up being a coveted recruit. She definitely has the genetics though. I think the only safe bet is she doesn't end up in Storrs.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hard to say but this is quite plausible if Kara gets traction at Duke. Her dad played there and was an All-American, Candace almost chose Duke, too. Lailaa has 2 very bright parents and Duke is a much more prestigious academic school than UT. Candace bleeds orange but if the program isn't back as a top 10 program and Duke is, odds shift to Duke. All that said, we have no idea if Lailaa wants to play basketball or will end up being a coveted recruit. She definitely has the genetics though. I think the only safe bet is she doesn't end up in Storrs.

I wonder how tall she is gonna get. Her mother is 6'5... father is 6'9...... one of her uncles (parker's brother) is 6'7... her other uncle (Shelden's brother) is 6'8.

Reaction Score
Perhaps Simone can add that Kick attitude that has been missing with the Sparks. Someone needs or needed to do that on that team long ago. She mentioned to bring it everynight for Parker. Oh they also need to give Sykes more court time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom