Looks Like no ESPN3 on Monday | The Boneyard

Looks Like no ESPN3 on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I can't beleive I'm going to miss Stanford. I HATE ESPNU!! :mad:

Any suggestions on bar or restaurant to watch from? I am not far from the Mohegan Sun in Colchester.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
PSConn - We have watched quite a few games in Geno's Pub the food is ok and lots of folks hang out for the whole game. I'm not a fan of the food court though.
Incidentally, the Swanier is a Reubenlike panini. I can see why she is not happy with that.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
There are some mobile apps for ESPN that air exactly the same thing airing on t.v. I forgot which carriers are supported, but I think Verizon is one. The mobile app works on tablets, ipads, and smart phones. I have no idea why they don't mimic the same thing on-line.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
PSConn - We have watched quite a few games in Geno's Pub the food is ok and lots of folks hang out for the whole game. I'm not a fan of the food court though.
Incidentally, the Swanier is a Reubenlike panini. I can see why she is not happy with that.

What woman would not want to be a Rubens?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Sounds like as if that sandwich is rueben Ketia the wrong way.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Apparently Ketia has a beef with the sandwich.

Reaction Score
I can't beleive I'm going to miss Stanford. I HATE ESPNU!! :mad:

Any suggestions on bar or restaurant to watch from? I am not far from the Mohegan Sun in Colchester.
At Mohegan Sun, Bobby's Burger Palace bar has 3 TV's and would put the game on if you ask. Big Bubbas bar has many TV's and also would. I would also guess that Michael Jordan's Sports Cafe would as well. The Bow and Arrow Bar also has a huge TV and several small one's. They generally have sound coming from the big TV but my guess is they would have the MN Football game on the big screen. Before my cable carried NBA TV and ESPNU, I used to watch alot of games at the above places. Hope this helps. I'm not quite sure why a big game like this one would not be on ESPN or ESPN2 (or 3).
Also, as stated above, Geno's Pub is nice. If it is quiet in there, they may also put the sound on for you. I actually like the food in the pub, it is very good. Not so much in the food court.

Reaction Score
Was it stated somewhere that the game won't be available via ESPN3? With the new setup games on ESPNU will be listed under that instead of ESPN3 even if the games will also be on ESPN3 in addition to ESPNU.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Was it stated somewhere that the game won't be available via ESPN3? With the new setup games on ESPNU will be listed under that instead of ESPN3 even if the games will also be on ESPN3 in addition to ESPNU.

It's not currently on the ESPN3 schedule. Some men's games on ESPNU seem to be also available on ESPN3 but not the women's games.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
And haven't they changed the moniker again? Also, I thought 3 had been added to Time Warner... only to find nyet.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
I don't recall ESPNU games ever being aired on espn3.com
A site that MAY have the game is firstrowsports.com

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't recall ESPNU games ever being aired on espn3.com
A site that MAY have the game is firstrowsports.com

The Pitt v Long Beach game tonight is on ESPNU and also available online at ESPN3.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I'm praying: Flying to Guatemala on Monday morning, real bad choice of days to fly, hoped to find it on 3 with a fast hotel connection: looks like no dice!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
passing this along:

If I am reading this page correctly, the new ESPN3, called WatchESPN, gives access to all of the listed channels in streaming format, if you have access to the site either through your ISP or certain cable providers (Bright House Networks, Time Warner Cable, and Verizon FiOS TV). I don't know anything about these cable providers, so I don't know if they're available in your neck of the woods, but, as I said, if I'm reading this correctly, anyone who ordinarily has access to ESPN3 should be able to get your game with Stanford on Monday.

Here's the link to the info page that explains access to the new programming.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Many thanks DaddyChoc, having passed through the initiation phase, I think...I think, I will be able to take in the game in sunny Guat City. Hip, Hip, hooray!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
passing into along:

If I am reading this page correctly, the new ESPN3, called WatchESPN, gives access to all of the listed channels in streaming format, if you have access to the site either through your ISP or certain cable providers (Bright House Networks, Time Warner Cable, and Verizon FiOS TV). I don't know anything about these cable providers, so I don't know if they're available in your neck of the woods, but, as I said, if I'm reading this correctly, anyone who ordinarily has access to ESPN3 should be able to get your game with Stanford on Monday.

Here's the link to the info page that explains access to the new programming.

Thanks DC. Works for me.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I see that ESPN3 is actually showing UConn-Stanford under the NCAAW heading on 11/21. Check here.

Having said that, if you live within 90 minutes of the XL Center (and I realize the OP doesn't, so she's exempted from this statement), get your ass to the game!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I see that ESPN3 is actually showing UConn-Stanford under the NCAAW heading on 11/21. Check here.

Having said that, if you live within 90 minutes of the XL Center (and I realize the OP doesn't, so she's exempted from this statement), get your ass to the game!

I actually do live within far less than 90 minutes of the XL. Here's the problem... I looked at "best available" tickets (2) and I get the middle of the upper deck behind the basket. I KNOW that from that perch I'll be looking down on a bunch of terriffic, empty seats... very frustrating!

I'm willing to pay for better seats but they aren't made available. So, nosebleeds or a sports bar? Unfortuately, my goal would be to actually see the game... not just to be there. So I'll probably opt for the bar.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

True, but if you adjust the network setting from "All Networks" to "ESPN3" the UConn game disappears. No matter, I live more than 90 minutes away and I'll be at the XL center.

GG

Reaction Score
I actually do live within far less than 90 minutes of the XL. Here's the problem... I looked at "best available" tickets (2) and I get the middle of the upper deck behind the basket. I KNOW that from that perch I'll be looking down on a bunch of terriffic, empty seats... very frustrating!

I'm willing to pay for better seats but they aren't made available. So, nosebleeds or a sports bar? Unfortuately, my goal would be to actually see the game... not just to be there. So I'll probably opt for the bar.

Have you tried calling the UCONN Husky ticket office directly? I got tickets in the lower section of 109 for $22 yesterday. Worth a try. If not, Stubhub, etc. has tickets in the lower sections starting around $85.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Have you tried calling the UCONN Husky ticket office directly? I got tickets in the lower section of 109 for $22 yesterday. Worth a try. If not, Stubhub, etc. has tickets in the lower sections starting around $85.
the tickets he's getting cost $10.00 (fee push it up to 12.00)... there's no other options on Ticketmaster. Its a good idea that he give Huskies box office that "$10.00 more" call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom