Looks Like Nichols is Questionable for UVM Friday | The Boneyard

Looks Like Nichols is Questionable for UVM Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Should have taken him out when he 1st got hurt. Adrenaline, shock, and other pain resistors like dopamine etc flow through the body when you 1st get hurt.
He probably felt less pain initially and said "good to go" tough hockey guy mentality. Every goalie is going to say, "I'm good, put me back out there, coach"

Medical/coaching staff should have played it better than they did.

Reaction Score
You would of thought going into this season with Nichols having the double operation on both hips during the spring/summer that we could of brought in another starting D1 caliber goalie? I don't know maybe if the recovery is slow, maybe he injures himself during a game, or maybe someone runs him in net like Maine last weekend or his record on the 2nd night of back to back games. But hey what do I know right?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You would of thought going into this season with Nichols having the double operation on both hips during the spring/summer that we could of brought in another starting D1 caliber goalie?

Do you just run to a Walmart or the local Piggly Wiggly to pick them up on a clearance sale?

Creel - next man up.

Reaction Score
It's called recruiting/planning/ not gambling on one player. With the knowledgeable,deep,experienced staff I'm sure they have the goalie situation all figured out. No worries be happy.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure too many programs have real depth at the position. It kind of tough to do it because unless you have a rare situation 1 guy tends to play most games and the other is the backup. You might get a freshman next year who can be heir apparent to Nichols though

Reaction Score
Keep an eye on Matt Ladd at Avon Old Farms.
Could be a possibility. Was committed to Niagara but reopened his recruitment.
Is on the NHL's latest draft rankings for goalies.
Lots of schools showing interest though.

Bailey MacBurnie in the BCHL is another possibility. He is from MA

My hope would be Matt Ladd or maybe Adam Huska, played in the world juniors for Slovakia, currently in the USHL.

Do not know where UConn stands with any of them though.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure too many programs have real depth at the position. It kind of tough to do it because unless you have a rare situation 1 guy tends to play most games and the other is the backup. You might get a freshman next year who can be heir apparent to Nichols though
You know I hope Creel comes in this weekend and has himself a performance of his life. Are we really going to be missing that much? Nichols has a so/so save percentage of .913 and a goals against average of 2.75 per game (those percentages looked a lot worse before playing Arizona State and Maine). What the heck give the kid his shot and let's see what happens right? This is what makes sports exciting especially at the amateur level. It would be nice to hear the XL crowd give the young man a warm welcome when his name is mentioned as the starting goalie.

Reaction Score
My sense is that the brought in Creel for exactly these kinds of situations. A guy with some D1 experience who can be a competent backup. Probably not an everyday starter but can hold his own when called upon. I'm also of the opinion that Nichols was not completely up to par early in the year due to the surgery

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's called recruiting/planning/ not gambling on one player. With the knowledgeable,deep,experienced staff I'm sure they have the goalie situation all figured out. No worries be happy.

Are you a UConn fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro