Looks Like Donald Brown is going Free agent | The Boneyard

Looks Like Donald Brown is going Free agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good for him.

And it was great to see his performance this year on the same team with the same line as Trent Richardson. A direct performance comparison.

He couldn't have asked for a better 2013 as a FA year.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Dear Coach Belichick,

Contact me if you need Donald's phone number.

Sincerely,
Matt Mang

Reaction Score
Donald should find a good situation. He is quick to the hole, shifty, he can also be split out, runs good routes, has excellent hands. He lacks elite speed but fills a lot of roles on offense. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Maybe Diaco can convince him to come back to finish up his last year of eligibility at UConn! Get to it Diaco! :)

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
John Idzik from the Jets or the Giants should be on the phone to DB's agent right now!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Frank Gore is getting old. Trent Baalke, let me introduce you to Donald Brown.......Go Niners!

Reaction Score
Giants got a new coordinator who is supposed to bring energy, if they don't fix that line it won't matter if Adrien Peterson is the RB. It would be nice to have someone on the Giants who doesn't turn the ball over.

Reaction Score
Frank Gore is getting old. Trent Baalke, let me introduce you to Donald Brown..Go Niners!

Still have Kendall Hunter, Lamichael James, and Lattimore stashed on the practice squad your all set.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Still have Kendall Hunter, Lamichael James, and Lattimore stashed on the practice squad your all set.
You can never have too many good backs and two of those three are munchkins and likely not three down backs and the other is recovering from the nastiest knee injury I've ever seen. Bring on the Donald!

Reaction Score
You can never have too many good backs and two of those three are munchkins and likely not three down backs and the other is recovering from the nastiest knee injury I've ever seen. Bring on the Donald!

Well see how much Donald is offered, see what the market is of backs.

Reaction Score
Most teams are using a RB by committee. Donald is going to get a very nice contract. Not just for his skill, but for his class and leadership.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Donald Brown = feature back... Go brother go!

Reaction Score
He has earned a prominent role from some team. Any of the local teams can use him, and I am sure the Jets and Giants will show big interest.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Most teams are using a RB by committee. Donald is going to get a very nice contract. Not just for his skill, but for his class and leadership.

One of the things he has shown over his entire time with the Colts is that he can be effective in the RB by committee role.

Something Trent showed he wasn't as effective at doing.

It's not a knock on Trent. Most RB's come through HS and college as a feature back and they have to pace themselves for the 20 carries a game for the whole season. But when used in the 10-12 touches a game system, they aren't as effective.

Reaction Score
One of the things he has shown over his entire time with the Colts is that he can be effective in the RB by committee role.

Something Trent showed he wasn't as effective at doing.

It's not a knock on Trent. Most RB's come through HS and college as a feature back and they have to pace themselves for the 20 carries a game for the whole season. But when used in the 10-12 touches a game system, they aren't as effective.

I forget who recently said it on NFL network, but they were praising Donald as a "seam runner". Not necessarily sure what they were getting at, but it seemed like Donald was better at utilizing the limited blocking better than Richardson. I highly doubt Indy's running game will be any better next year with a full time Richardson ... or that's what I hope anyways. :p

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I just think Donald has had some bad luck with injuries and stuck behind sub-par offensive lines (especially for run blocking) since he's been at Indy.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'd like to see him in an offense that utilizes a fullback/2 back set occasionally. Indy had a fb but he seemed to mostly be involved in pass protection/short passing routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom