Looking To Disrupt the Sludgy Flow | The Boneyard

Looking To Disrupt the Sludgy Flow

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony looking to put some life into a game report of what he calls this year's version of The Annual Worst Game In Program History.

Mike Anthony: Geno Auriemma delivers message to ‘immature team’ with first-quarter benchings - Hartford Courant

“You have to take pride in what you put out on the floor, starting with me and the coaching staff,” Auriemma said. “So you end up winning a game by 17, and you know that you actually lost a little bit of yourself, so it doesn’t feel as good.

“I’ve always said right around this time, it sucks. Because they’ve been sitting around for a long time in hotels, in their apartments, not going to school [between semesters], not doing anything. It catches up to you after a while. That’s partly it. But again, I think you’ve got to be a little more mature than that.”

"The crowd was like, ‘Uhhhh,’ when I took all those guys out. Like, they were pissed at me, like it was my fault. They should have been booing the guys who weren’t good enough.”

Reaction Score
From reading the article, seems like Geno knows what he is doing. Seems like the bench players really got a lot out this opportunity.

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony looking to put some life into a game report of what he calls this year's version of The Annual Worst Game In Program History.

Mike Anthony: Geno Auriemma delivers message to ‘immature team’ with first-quarter benchings - Hartford Courant

“You have to take pride in what you put out on the floor, starting with me and the coaching staff,” Auriemma said. “So you end up winning a game by 17, and you know that you actually lost a little bit of yourself, so it doesn’t feel as good.

“I’ve always said right around this time, it sucks. Because they’ve been sitting around for a long time in hotels, in their apartments, not going to school [between semesters], not doing anything. It catches up to you after a while. That’s partly it. But again, I think you’ve got to be a little more mature than that.”

"The crowd was like, ‘Uhhhh,’ when I took all those guys out. Like, they were pissed at me, like it was my fault. They should have been booing the guys who weren’t good enough.”

does Geno really think it's appropriate to boo UConn players when they aren't playing well? I hope not........................

Reaction Score
OMG YMBK :rolleyes:

sometimes I wonder..............do you remember this one?

The guys that don’t play much, there’s a reason they don’t play much,” said Auriemma, whose hopes for developing a deeper bench were set back a significant step. “And if I could have it my way, I’d give every person who came their money back. That was the most disgraceful effort I’ve seen at Connecticut in 32 years I’ve been here.”

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I do. So why be surprised at "They should be booing the guys who weren't good enough." If you were not frustrated with the play of our starting five in the first quarter of yesterday's game, you must have been napping. If a team does not put forth effort, they should be told so. They all knew what he expected when they signed their LOI. They are young women, not children who can pout and squirm when they choose to do so. The fans all cheered uproariously when the ladies who chose to play hard came in, and when they went out. It seems as if the message got through to most of the starters when they returned to the floor. Go Huskies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom