Looking for Recommendations on good basketball strategy reads | The Boneyard

Looking for Recommendations on good basketball strategy reads

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'm looking to take my basketball geekdom to the next level and start reading about different offensive strategies in a technical form (x's and o's type stuff). Anyone have any recommendations for books or blogs to get started?

Reaction Score
Good to see everyone going ten toes in this offseason

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for but I'm a fan of bballbreakdown, some good video analysis of offensive and defensive sets on their youtube page

Reaction Score
If you like fictional humor, I recommend:

41ukMF7URdL._SY344_BO1204203200_.jpg

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I suppose I walked into the tomfoolery of this thread, but I'm glad I did. If anyone wants to sprinkle in real recommendations (thanks @aceboon) Its appreciated.

Reaction Score
Good idea. I hear uc990411 is next in line for the AD job and you know what that means

Reaction Score
You'll get some interesting stuff on Grantland now and again. Guys like Zach Lowe and Kirk Goldsberry will write some technically concentrated pieces, particularly if they are covering a specific playoff series. Their writing is usually more unique to particular teams and coaches, though, and limited to the NBA, so if you're looking for more of an overarching read on basketball philosophy, I'm not sure...there's probably a famous AAU coach or something who has written a tell-all on that stuff at one point or another, but I've never been good at knowing where to look.

The best way to become familiar with some of the various coaches/programs out there is to just study tape. It can be boring and at times you will question what you are doing with your life, but you'll be surprised by how much you'll learn just by watching one game and looking at every possession 2-3 times.

Reaction Score
I believe Chief is in the works with a co-writing with his long time friend Andre Drummond. Some cool perspectives from both coach and player, bound by years of close friendship (in fact Andre is known to call Chief a brother).

The afterword is going to have some pretty epic stories of the two homies going ham on some UConn bitches.

Reaction Score
I suppose I walked into the tomfoolery of this thread, but I'm glad I did. If anyone wants to sprinkle in real recommendations (thanks @aceboon) Its appreciated.
This place surely ain't Amazon or NY Times Review.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of junk defenses, so anything on or about Rick Majerus's strategies floats my boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom