OT: Looking for a new wallet

So what do you use? I'm think about one of these new wallets, but I'm not sure if it's just a novelty. I've seen them range in price from $25 this one (below), to over $100.

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball
I switched to a "minimalist" wallet last year, and I'm glad I did. I essentially grabbed a second wallet This One to keep in my car. It has the extraneous stuff. Medical insurance card, prescription card, store charge cards, my BJs card etc. Keep spare cash for Valets, emergency etc.

I got a nice leather minimalist wallet and I loved it. Then I ended up buying a second Chums Surf Short Wallet, because I have hearing aids and I can actually carry the extra batteries in it. After putting about a dozen sets of batteries through the washing machine I had to do it. But aside from that I'd stick with the leather one.

I don't like those hard ones. Can't imagine that they are comfortable in your front pocket

C3 Canvas Wallet - Manderfield

I removed the loop and tether. No complaints at all. It made me remove a lot of unecessary stuff I had carried around for years and I have most of my info stored on my phone in terms of healthcare insurance, Apple Pay, CVS/Big Y/Stop & Shop cards, etc.

My Coach is still going over a decade later. Old school black leather. I have a Tumi made from their soft luggage material and the thing has been indestructible.

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball
This is the leather one I got. The pull tab at the end is really helpful. I wanted something that could actually carry a few cards.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Cheapo on amazon and it’s great.

Travelambo Front Pocket Minimalist Leather Slim Wallet RFID Blocking Medium Size(carbon fiber texture black)
I literally got this the other day. Love it so far.

Curiouser
I bought a nice one in Italy at Papini Leather in Florence several years ago and I swore I wouldn't replace it until I could return again and buy another there. It didn't last as long as I hoped so I several months ago I decided to buy another one and was disappointed at the higher end options I saw, so then I settled on buying something inexpensive to tide me over. Much to my surprise, this has been one of the best $15 purchases I've ever made. Very high quality for the price and had pretty much exactly the features I wanted in a ton of options:

My sister-in-law gave me a simple single fold wallet from Coach 15 years ago for Christmas and it's still going strong with no signs of needing to be replaced.
As expensive as they are, they are totally worth it. I'm on my 2nd coach wallet in my entire life. My first one lasted from 1999-2016. Technically I could have still kept using it, but it was finally starting to need replacement.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
I bought a nice one in Italy at Papini Leather in Florence several years ago and I swore I wouldn't replace it until I could return again and buy another there. It didn't last as long as I hoped so I several months ago I decided to buy another one and was disappointed at the higher end options I saw, so then I settled on buying something inexpensive to tide me over. Much to my surprise, this has been one of the best $15 purchases I've ever made. Very high quality for the price and had pretty much exactly the features I wanted in a ton of options:

Nice. I also bought a very nice wallet (soft leather w/closure) in Florence about 5 years ago and I love it more than anything else I had in the past.

Had no idea a wallet was such a serious purchase for so many. I've had the same soft brown leather wallet for over 20 years and don't see ever getting another one. Had to open it to see what it is, Polo by Ralph Lauren. Think I bought it at TJ Maxx when I was in high school.

UConn Dan

Not voldemort; I lurk & I like
For years, my wallet looked like this ("the costanza" for those that don't know)... I was a mess (I'm still a mess, but in a much different way).
costanza-wallet-card-cases.jpg

Then, about 7 years ago I went full minimalist and got myself a magnetic money clip and carry only DL, 1 CC, 1 DB and just a little Cash$. That it.

I have a money clip/card holder from Buffalo Billfold company. Very compact, the leather stretches out nicely and is really durable.

I always hated the feel of a wallet in my back pocket. So i started doing what my dad did. Credit cards, ID, some bills folded over them and a rubber band. Lean and mean. Until the rubberband snaps. Then several years ago, my daughter bought me a nice aluminum money clip with the words "beer money" stamped into it. Love it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Too spicy for the Cesspool
For years, my wallet looked like this ("the costanza" for those that don't know)... I was a mess (I'm still a mess, but in a much different way).
View attachment 38673
My response to the costanza was getting an Allett sail cloth, super thin wallet. They've lasted 5-7 years and do the trick.

I have 25 year old Mark Cross leather breast pocket bill fold for infrequent times that call for something like that.

I have a "wallet" that is attached to my phone. DL, couple of CC, CCW, and insurance card.

Does anyone else do this? I love it, but if I ever carry cash, it is a real pain because I can't put it in there.

I have a "wallet" that is attached to my phone. DL, couple of CC, CCW, and insurance card.

Does anyone else do this? I love it, but if I ever carry cash, it is a real pain because I can't put it in there.

My wife. That’s how she brings her license credit card cash into bars, restaurants, concerts etc. so she doesn’t have to deal with her purse. One of those pouches you stick on the back of your phone.

Last edited:
I always hated the feel of a wallet in my back pocket. So i started doing what my dad did. Credit cards, ID, some bills folded over them and a rubber band. Lean and mean. Until the rubberband snaps. Then several years ago, my daughter bought me a nice aluminum money clip with the words "beer money" stamped into it. Love it.
Sounds like my dad. He used a paper clip, never used an ATM his entire life or even had a bank card.