Looking ahead a bit | The Boneyard

Looking ahead a bit

Reaction Score
We have but one game in more than two weeks, a week from Sunday against Louisville.

Probably by then, at least some of our walking wounded will return.

As I posted earlier in the week, the sun will come up tomorrow. And the sun is shining on our team. They showed some real grit today, unlike the rather dismal performance against Georgia Tech.

The team will feel very good about itself, rightfully so.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
First time we really saw the First Team Big Ten Dorka. Lots of hustle...rebounded in traffic...looked energized and fired up...loved it.

Hey...some rest...some practice...week from tomorrow: home crowd and familiarity with the court...we take down Louisville as a Christmas present to our very own selves.

Reaction Score
I’m wondering- is it possible that Dorka felt a little like a 3rd wheel transferring in as an experienced player?
Freshman are freshmen, but transferring in with a team pretty set in their roles; that experienced Covid lockdown, brought back all or their starters, went to the final four last year- they probably formed a real tight union among themselves.
I wonder if she felt a little like an outsider- trying to learn a totally new system.
Not that they would exclude her-just her trying to find her role.
I think that maybe all of these injuries have given her a shot to just play her game.
Looked awfully good today. Hope she can continue to shine.
Team REALLY needs her.
( and I hope she’s somewhere right now working on her foul shot)

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
To paraphrase Geno ( not exact but the gist is there): "Dorka came into my office this week and said she didn't know where she should be on offense, and was uncomfortable where she was" So, Geno asked her where she was comfortable, and she said here, here and here. So, Geno told her you stand there, there or there and we will get you the ball. That seems to have worked.

My question would be, why did it take this long into the season to figure that out? Maybe a language problem?

Reaction Score
To paraphrase Geno ( not exact but the gist is there): "Dorka came into my office this week and said she didn't know where she should be on offense, and was uncomfortable where she was" So, Geno asked her where she was comfortable, and she said here, here and here. So, Geno told her you stand there, there or there and we will get you the ball. That seems to have worked.

My question would be, why did it take this long into the season to figure that out? Maybe a language problem?
My guess is that she was just trying to fit in wherever she was asked to. She came to be challenged.

Reaction Score
We have but one game in more than two weeks, a week from Sunday against Louisville.

As I posted earlier in the week, the sun will come up tomorrow. And the sun is shining on our team. They showed some real grit today, unlike the rather dismal performance against Georgia Tech.

Not so sure about that. Nika will likely be out based on the three week timeline Geno gave and Azzi is also likely to still be out based on recent comments. Paige will obviously still be out. So that leaves Aubrey the real possibility if she doesn’t face any more setbacks. Aubrey could help but will likely take a few games to get back in the swing of things. We really need a guard back.

Reaction Score

Well said! Love the part about the team "showing some real grit", so true!! While watching the game, I was saying and thinking, with the way they came back against UCLA and won, that is going to boost the players confidence going forward. And once the rest of the "walking wounded" get better and they get back into game shape, this UCLA game is going to be the spark that elevates this team forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom