Looking ahead (2019-2020)...... | The Boneyard

Looking ahead (2019-2020)......

Reaction Score
If no JA or AG it may well be a short run in the AAC tourney. So while I'm looking ahead I'll still be locked in to the AAC tourney regardless of who is available to play and hoping for 4 wins.

Obviously Hurley wasn't kidding when he said this season wouldn't play out like a Disney movie with a miraculous ending. It has been a year to assess the roster, instill some pride & toughness, & solid recruiting efforts.

Carlton has taken big steps forward, AG showed what he is capable of, Polley & Sid still have alot to work on but I think between them they can man the 3 spot. Hurley & staff have given the program a big shot in the arm even though record doesn't show it.

We were very competitive in most of our games which is something we couldn't say the 2 years prior. Next year some of those close loses need to become wins. It will be a challenge but I expect it will happen and we'll continue the climb back to real relevance.

Next season the biggest concerns for me are keeping AG healthy, locating a banger transfer at the 4, Polley and Sid making real progress & CV coming back to provide some leadership alongside AG otherwise that's alot to put on freshman guards.

G - AG, JG
G - CV, JB & BA
F - Polley, Sid
F - Akok
C- Carlton

Bench / Open - MD, IW, #12 - as of now only 1 open spot to be filled with Precious or an impact 4 / 5 grad/juco transfer. We can't afford to have 2 "dead spots" on the roster with only 12 schollies so either MD / IW display an ability to transform & contribute on the court regularly or Hurley has a difficult problem to solve.

To fill out the roster the #1 priority is Precious, #1a is 4/5 banger transfer and then point guard depth as safety with AG. Precious is obviously a hope that may not come to fruition but the staff seems to have a real plan as they work to complete the roster. I believe that year 2 of Hurley we'll see a noticeably different team that will start to experience winning again.

Reaction Score
Boy I hope these kids shoot thousand of free throws over the summer

Reaction Score
If no JA or AG it may well be a short run in the AAC tourney. So while I'm looking ahead I'll still be locked in to the AAC tourney regardless of who is available to play and hoping for 4 wins.

Obviously Hurley wasn't kidding when he said this season wouldn't play out like a Disney movie with a miraculous ending. It has been a year to assess the roster, instill some pride & toughness, & solid recruiting efforts.

Carlton has taken big steps forward, AG showed what he is capable of, Polley & Sid still have alot to work on but I think between them they can man the 3 spot. Hurley & staff have given the program a big shot in the arm even though record doesn't show it.

We were very competitive in most of our games which is something we couldn't say the 2 years prior. Next year some of those close loses need to become wins. It will be a challenge but I expect it will happen and we'll continue the climb back to real relevance.

Next season the biggest concerns for me are keeping AG healthy, locating a banger transfer at the 4, Polley and Sid making real progress & CV coming back to provide some leadership alongside AG otherwise that's alot to put on freshman guards.

G - AG, JG
G - CV, JB & BA
F - Polley, Sid
F - Akok
C- Carlton

Bench / Open - MD, IW, #12 - as of now only 1 open spot to be filled with Precious or an impact 4 / 5 grad/juco transfer. We can't afford to have 2 "dead spots" on the roster with only 12 schollies so either MD / IW display an ability to transform & contribute on the court regularly or Hurley has a difficult problem to solve.

To fill out the roster the #1 priority is Precious, #1a is 4/5 banger transfer and then point guard depth as safety with AG. Precious is obviously a hope that may not come to fruition but the staff seems to have a real plan as they work to complete the roster. I believe that year 2 of Hurley we'll see a noticeably different team that will start to experience winning again.
You will probably see Bouknight at the 3 before you see Sid there. I think Sid will back him up there and Polley who lacks the foot speed will back up Akok at the 4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom