Looking @ 2014 Opponents | The Boneyard

Looking @ 2014 Opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@UConnFootball: Starting a daily look at our '14 opponents-first @BYUcougars 8/29 at @FieldRentschler on @ESPNCFB #riseup #bleedblue http://post original url/Z8oWyWUOAd

image.jpg

Reaction Score
@UConnFootball: Next up in our preview of 2014 games -- @StonyBrookFB on Saturday, September 6th at @FieldRentschler #riseup #bleedblue http://post original url/txPPI1mwVZ

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Heading up for the BYU game. Predicting a close to full house.

Reaction Score
Have to miss the BSU game due to a wedding. Of people I have never met. Gotta love family friends. Ugh.

Reaction Score
Have to miss the BSU game due to a wedding. Of people I have never met. Gotta love family friends. Ugh.

I'm sure we can find a way to kidnap you and stuff you in a trunk. What can you do? Spit happens. Just so happened your kidnappers ended up at the Rent and you happened to have your tickets on you.

I kid of course. Kind of.

Reaction Score
I watched them dismantle Army at West Point a couple of years ago. Like they totally Towson Stated them.

They just about did the same thing to Fruit U.

Reaction Score
I'm sure we can find a way to kidnap you and stuff you in a trunk. What can you do? Spit happens. Just so happened your kidnappers ended up at the Rent and you happened to have your tickets on you.

I kid of course. Kind of.

Definitely less complicated than faking my own death. :)

Reaction Score
Although my wife is pretty cool about this sort of thing. I probably can't get out of the wedding, but will get a free away game pass for being a good sport.

Reaction Score
They just about did the same thing to Fruit U.
If we lose to Stony Brook, we need to re-consider whether we want to play football. Seriously, losing two 1AA games in a row would be a huge blow to the program. I'm not saying they aren't a good team, but, just like Towson last year, they shouldn't be capable of beating even a mediocre 1A team. that is a game where UConn needs to come out and ram the ball down their throats from the opening kickoff. You cannot let them hang around and think they can beat you. That is when upsets happen. Edsall was terrific in those types of games. His teams would regularly beat the snot out of his 1AA opponents. When it was 27-3 with 1:00 left in the first half, he'd run the 2 minute drill to try to get it to 34 by halftime. By mid-3rd quarter you'd start to see subs, but by then the game was over. P let teams hang around. His teams never led anyone, even Fordham by an insurmountable margin. And he called off the dogs far too quickly. If he got in a similar situation, and I can only recall one time he was even close, he'd run out the clock at 27-3 rather than try to make it 34-3.
Sorry for the rant, but Diaco needs to be much more like Edsall than P in his approach to these types of games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we lose to Stony Brook, we need to re-consider whether we want to play football. Seriously, losing two 1AA games in a row would be a huge blow to the program. I'm not saying they aren't a good team, but, just like Towson last year, they shouldn't be capable of beating even a mediocre 1A team. that is a game where UConn needs to come out and ram the ball down their throats from the opening kickoff. You cannot let them hang around and think they can beat you. That is when upsets happen. Edsall was terrific in those types of games. His teams would regularly beat the snot out of his 1AA opponents. When it was 27-3 with 1:00 left in the first half, he'd run the 2 minute drill to try to get it to 34 by halftime. By mid-3rd quarter you'd start to see subs, but by then the game was over. P let teams hang around. His teams never led anyone, even Fordham by an insurmountable margin. And he called off the dogs far too quickly. If he got in a similar situation, and I can only recall one time he was even close, he'd run out the clock at 27-3 rather than try to make it 34-3.
Sorry for the rant, but Diaco needs to be much more like Edsall than P in his approach to these types of games.

Weren't we tied with Murray St. at halftime in 2004 before blowing their doors out in the second half?

Reaction Score
Can we please wait for the games before we start predicting gloom and doom? At the very least give Diaco some time.

Reaction Score
Freescooter has Diaco on the hot seat already.

The standard of competence set by PPGDL is so low that as long as Diaco doesn't start drooling on himself on the sideline, he'll be hailed a hero.

Reaction Score
Back to OP:

@UConnFootball: UConn plays @BroncoSportsFB in third game of season on 9/13 at @FieldRentschler #riseup #BleedBlue http://post original url/M5HuYaEz5w

image.jpg

Reaction Score
Freescooter has Diaco on the hot seat already.
I really like Diaco. I think he seems like just the right guy. Hell, when I've heard him speak I've been tempted to go back and check to see if I have any eligibility left. But jeez, people having us losing to a mid-level 1AA team for the 2nd straight year and I'm being negative?. It has nothing to do with Diaco really, but all I'm saying is if UConn has reached the level where Stony Brook is a tough game, let alone one we might well lose, then something is really seriously wrong with the football program. Can a team get upset on occasion by a lesser opponent? Sure. It happens. But it isn't something that you expect. And when that opponent finished 5-6 last year in 1AA, I mean, come on. I don't think a team that only won 3 games should sleep on anyone, but I think it hardly requires an act of supreme faith to expect to beat a mediocre Stony Brook team.

Reaction Score
Weren't we tied with Murray St. at halftime in 2004 before blowing their doors out in the second half?
I don't remember that, but I do remember a Rhode Island game and an Army game, both of which we had really insurmountable leads, getting the ball back and going into the 2 minute drill to try and add more points before halftime.

Reaction Score
I really like Diaco. I think he seems like just the right guy. Hell, when I've heard him speak I've been tempted to go back and check to see if I have any eligibility left. But jeez, people having us losing to a mid-level 1AA team for the 2nd straight year and I'm being negative?. It has nothing to do with Diaco really, but all I'm saying is if UConn has reached the level where Stony Brook is a tough game, let alone one we might well lose, then something is really seriously wrong with the football program. Can a team get upset on occasion by a lesser opponent? Sure. It happens. But it isn't something that you expect. And when that opponent finished 5-6 last year in 1AA, I mean, come on. I don't think a team that only won 3 games should sleep on anyone, but I think it hardly requires an act of supreme faith to expect to beat a mediocre Stony Brook team.

Ummm. Who has us losing to an FCS two years in a row? All I said was don't sleep on Stony Brook, which we shouldn't, they can be dangerous if we don't take them seriously.

Reaction Score
We need to beat them by 3 touchdowns. The team that gave Syracuse fits was a real good team. Last of a string of very good teams, but they took a major step back last year. note they still ultimately lost to a pretty mediocre Syracuse team.

Reaction Score
@UConnFootball: Season previews continue..first road trip of year @USFFootball on 9/19 at @RJStadium on @ESPNCFB #bleedblue #riseup http://post original url/0brtbIgobV

image.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Some pretty groundbreaking factoids they are sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom